confirmation names

  • Thread starter Thread starter KristenMarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KristenMarie

Guest
I was wondering if I’d be able to get some opinions or advice about choosing my confirmation name.

I have already narrowed it down to two, saint dymphna and saint faustina. The dilemma I have is that I feel connected to them both. Firstly, I’ve never heard of saint dymphna until maybe about the last 3 months. I’m a sexual abuse survivor and I’ve struggled with nervous and emotional problems for much of my life because of it. Since I’ve only recently found her I’ve been praying to her a lot and feel a good connection to her.

The problem I’ve having is that for many years I’ve always admired saint faustina for her pure love and devotion to Christ and her great sufferings. For years she’s been a saint that I’ve looked up to and have prayed to for strength in my many difficult points in my life.

I’m finding it really difficult choosing one.

Also, I’ve heard you can choose two names, is that true? I’m just really confused.

Thanks in advance for your help =0)
 
They are both saints, so therefore, they both have the same desire, to see you in heaven. Chosing one does not forfeit the other. Your prayer life can embrace both.
 
I was wondering if I’d be able to get some opinions or advice about choosing my confirmation name.

I have already narrowed it down to two, saint dymphna and saint faustina. The dilemma I have is that I feel connected to them both. Firstly, I’ve never heard of saint dymphna until maybe about the last 3 months. I’m a sexual abuse survivor and I’ve struggled with nervous and emotional problems for much of my life because of it. Since I’ve only recently found her I’ve been praying to her a lot and feel a good connection to her.

The problem I’ve having is that for many years I’ve always admired saint faustina for her pure love and devotion to Christ and her great sufferings. For years she’s been a saint that I’ve looked up to and have prayed to for strength in my many difficult points in my life.

I’m finding it really difficult choosing one.

Also, I’ve heard you can choose two names, is that true? I’m just really confused.

Thanks in advance for your help =0)
You should pick St Joseph or St. Agnes. My older Sister has three Confirmation names.
 
I have issues with choosing the name St. Dymphna however it is has nothing to do with her. It has to with my neice who chose the Patron Saint of the Mentally Ill as a tongue in cheek name symballizing her contempt for any kind of organized religion.

I do not know what your real name is but try each one out with your real name the way a parent would when naming a child and see which name fits best.
 
Thank you all for your help. I’ve been praying about it and i’ve finally decided to choose saint faustina 🙂

:blessyou:
 
Thank you all for your help. I’ve been praying about it and i’ve finally decided to choose saint faustina 🙂

:blessyou:
Kristen, I must ask, your screen name is listed as “KritenMarie”. Is your middle name Marie? If so, you already have a saint name. In case you do not know, Maria Goretti, is a virgin-martyr you may relate with. This is a small snipit from wikipedia. Just a thought.👍

Maria Goretti (October 16, 1890 – July 6, 1902) is an Italian virgin-martyr of the Roman Catholic Church, and is one of its youngest canonized saints. She died from multiple stab wounds inflicted by her attempted rapist after she refused him because of love of Jesus and her loyalty to the Ten Commandments.[1]
 
Thank you all for your help. I’ve been praying about it and i’ve finally decided to choose saint faustina 🙂

:blessyou:
I facilitate a high school confirmation group and it is so refreshing to see someone who is so serious about their saint’s name. I see that in my group as well but then there are those who just pick any name. God bless you in your journey!!
 
God bless you and thank you all for your help and support. I chose st faustina and finally celebrated my confirmation yesterday! I’m so happy! 🙂
 
Re: above, of course Kristen is also a saint’s name (a Danish form of Christina/Christiana). There are so many St. Christinas out there, it’s not even fair. 🙂
 
I like the suggestions given.

When I was confirmed, we were not required to take a confirmation name. But my first and middle names are saints’ names anyways (my first name is a female version of John, and my middle name is Marie - French for Mary).

I may have chosen Therese if I had been required to do so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top