Confraternity of the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter jmm08
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmm08

I did a search against titles, and did not find the Confraternity of the Rosary. So Here goes…
40.png
JMM08:
…Praying the Rosary in a group is better than praying the Rosary alone. Praying the Rosary in the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament is good too. Join the Confraternity of the Rosary and then you are always praying the Rosary with others – and the benefits are really very good.

I had been out of work for more than a year. The day that my Confraternity registration certificate came in the mail was the very same day that I got a telephone call with news that I got my current job. I now have a job that is suitable work. With two weeks paid vacation a year, some personal leave days as well, and good health insurance.

jmm08
40.png
turboEDvo:
Intriguing, do tell me what the Confraternity of the Rosary is. Sounds nice, since I already pray one a night at least.

Eamon
Here is the web-site for the confraternity. rosary-center.org/

See rosary-center.org/nroscon.htm concerning how it is an archconfraternity.

The following is only my own reasoning. I do not represent the confraternity in any official way. But I am very happily a member.

An arch is an intelligent arrangement of stones resulting in a strong architectural structure. Each stone in an arch is important and vital. Each stone helps to support the arch, and a well-built arch can be a significant support for a large building. Even the word architecture begins with the word “arch”. So all of this makes a lot of sense to me.

Roman architecture is noted for using a lot of arches. And why not. They worked. Roman Catholicism brings to Christianity certain confraternities. I think confraternities such as the Rosary Confraternity are important. They are means by which we Christians can place ourselves in God’s hands. And in His hands, He is able to use superior divine intelligence to bring maximum results so that we can bear more fruit for His greater glory. Much more than if we were to each try on our own.

It seems to me that the Confraternity of the Rosary is much like the early Church in the book of Acts. We all bring our prayers of the Rosary together. Mary receives the roses and intercedes to Jesus. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us in our prayers. Jesus can take our limited resources and bless them much like the fishes and loaves when He fed the 5,000. When we have needs, we receive blessings.

So if you haven’t started to learn how to pray the Holy Rosary, I really recommend it. And if you already love the Rosary and pray it often, please carefully consider enrolling in the confraternity.

Some additional information regarding the Confraternity of the Rosary is in St. Louis De Montfort’s book “The Secret of the Rosary”.

A more recent edition of “The Secret of the Rosary” was printed in 2004 by the Catholic Book Publishing Co. (# 0-89942-108-3). Their web site is catholicbkpub.com/

Everything I ever got from the Catholic Book Publishing Company is really very good.

Thanks for that. I am pretty sure I enrolled a long time ago. But, I will do it again as my memory is vague. And my brother will enroll. http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gifWhen I first started out as a Catholic, the priest gave me a rosary and how to card. Noone explained how it should be said though. I started praying 5 decades and it took 1 1/2 hrs to complete. I soon learned how to pray it properly though. That was 16 yrs ago. Once again, thanks for the link. And a happy easter to you and all.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

I think the Confraternity sounds great, and I discovered it about 6 months ago.

One of my Lenten goals was to Pray the Rosary regularly, and I am happy to say I feel successful at that! I have really started to enjoy it. However, the best I can do is about 10-14 mysteries a week, and I noticed joining the Confraternity implies a commitment to pray 21 a week - I Just don’t think I can do that yet in my life, and until I do I don’t want to make the commitment.

Hopefully one day!

40.png
awalt:
I think the Confraternity sounds great, and I discovered it about 6 months ago.

One of my Lenten goals was to Pray the Rosary regularly, and I am happy to say I feel successful at that! I have really started to enjoy it. However, the best I can do is about 10-14 mysteries a week, and I noticed joining the Confraternity implies a commitment to pray 21 a week - I Just don’t think I can do that yet in my life, and until I do I don’t want to make the commitment.

Hopefully one day!
The web site rosary-center.org/ will be adding a Frequently Asked Questions and Answers section (FAQ).

Actually, the minimum to join is to pray the “classic” Rosary once each week. 15 mysteries. Of course, the Luminous Mysteries are encouraged.

awalt: It took me months before I got to where I was praying the Rosary as much as you are.

Recently, I started a new job. And I’m taking a bus to work. The bus ride is one way that I am getting to pray the Rosary more.

If you always carry your Rosary, you will have opportunities to pray. I often also carry some books so I can read. Then when there is a time and place where I must wait awhile, I have productive things I can do.

You know what I do? I have a treadmill in the basement, which I didn’t do enough. I would use it with the TV in the basement blaring, to hear it over the treadmill noise.

So now I don’t even watch the TV - I just say the Roasry as I walk the treadmill. It’s so peaceful and coontemplative, I am doing something physically to help my body, where the Holy Spirit lives, and spiritually!

I really look forward to it now…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back