Confused...haven't heard this before

  • Thread starter Thread starter LadyFlynt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever signs there were would of course have been VISIBLE to anyone who looked, but their true significance not appreciated by anyone but the Magi.

Point being the Bible is specific that the “star” in fact moved - prior to ‘coming to rest’ directly over Bethlehem. Certainly sounds much more like a comet than any planet or star I’ve ever heard of.
 
Well. perhaps (and this is just a guess) Lady Flynt thinks we Catholics are pagan, making Christmas pagan as well…
 
I didn’t want to take away from the spirit of the thread it was in.

Did He leave us? When? I don’t understand this statement.

(btw, I don’t celebrate Christmas as it is a pagan holiday and Christ was not born in the winter)
Do you celebrate the birth of Christ on a different day then?
 
Certainly sounds much more like a comet than any planet or star I’ve ever heard of.
It’s fun to speculate, but I don’t think we’ll ever know, in this life.

My personal opinion is that it was a unique event, just like the coming of the Son of God - and that therefore, what goes on in the sky right now, or the cycles of events that repeat themselves, will not give us any clues about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top