Consecration?

• Thread starter Thread starter catholicgirl197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catholicgirl197

:confused: I have a question for anyone out there. I went to a website that was on

The website was called Jesus and Mary. I’m looking for deeper spirituality and prayer and was wondering if anyone knows what consecrated means?

I hope you dont think I’m stupid for asking this.

Catholicgirl1970:blessyou:

40.png
catholicgirl197:
:confused: I have a question for anyone out there. I went to a website that was on

The website was called Jesus and Mary. I’m looking for deeper spirituality and prayer and was wondering if anyone knows what consecrated means?

I hope you dont think I’m stupid for asking this.

Catholicgirl1970:blessyou:
No one is going to thank your’e stupid for trying to understand your faith. I think it truly defines intelligence and faith to question for the purpose of greater enrichement…

With that being said, I think your question is highly theological nad feel too ‘stupid’ to answer it 😃

i equate consecrated as having a spiritual quality - i.e. being blessed…the is just a rough explanation, i know.

That depends on how you use the word. If you are talking about a consecrated Host, consecrated means having been transubstantiated. If you are talking about consecrating yourself to God then it means giving devotion to God through some act. For instance some people have consecrated themselves to God through celibacy.

Some other examples:
Consecration of Russia to Mary (done by our late, great papa)

There are prayers of Consecration to Mary. There are parishes where the pastor has Consecrated all those who wish to be ( Per St. Louis DeMonfort) There are prayers and a yearly remembering of your Consecration. A person who Consecrates themselves to Mary,vows (Not under the pain of sin) to always be a loving child of this loving mother. It’s a special way to let it be known that Mary is special in your life as a gate to Jesus.

I would encourage all to participate in a consecration to Mary and her Immaculate Heart.

May God bless you for your faith,
Deacon Tony

Prayers of consecration are vows in which you dedicate yourself and your actions. There are many, many forms available under different titles to Jesus and Mary. I have also seen quite a few to the Holy Spirit. You are also free to make up your own.

Many emanate from private revelations such as the practice of consecrating one’s self to the Immaculate Heart of Mary became popular through the Fatima apparitions and consecrating one’s self to the Sacred Heart of Jesus first became wide spread following revelations received by Margaret Mary.

There was a thread here very recently about consecration to Mary. I think this was the link.
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=50023

What it means to be consecrated is this

Its when you take your heart, your mind and your body and give it all to christ . you give it him to the point that your very being is consumed with his power and spirit. your one consuming desire is to fullfill his will, you have a passion and inner drive placed by the holy spirit that makes you yearn for holiness, love and wisdom. your driven to prayer , you long for intimacy with christ , his mother and the saints. you seperated yourself from the world in a spritual sense and your will and you place yourself in the hands of God to be a holy instrument for his choosing. you become seperated to become a holy person. your mission is to lead others to his love .

Consecrate yourself , your giving yourself over to GOD that your so focused with his divine will that nothing else takes place over it .

👍 Thank you all so much for your help.

Now when I finish praying the Rosary I include the Consecration prayer at the end.

The Consecration prayer I use is on this page-http://www.jesusandmary.org/members.htm

**They sent me a free prayer card with my order and I keep in my purse. One more weapon for my arsenal to fight the evil one. **

God Bless,
CG
👋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back