Conservative / Traditional Catholic Practice?

• Thread starter Thread starter A.Pelliccio
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.Pelliccio

Can someone give me a list, article, or book, on how to be a good conservative catholic. I just dont know how. I wasnt raised to be the most coservative of catholic like my grandfather. I recently went to mass with him and watched him close his fist and place it over his heart during consecration. Are there things like that , that I should do to practice more conservativley?

Anthony

40.png
A.Pelliccio:
Can someone give me a list, article, or book, on how to be a good conservative catholic. I just dont know how. I wasnt raised to be the most coservative of catholic like my grandfather. I recently went to mass with him and watched him close his fist and place it over his heart during consecration. Are there things like that , that I should do to practice more conservativley?

Anthony
In the back of the Baltimor Catechism is an explanation of parts of the Mass. It outlines what the priest does and what the faithful should do or say.

40.png
condan:
In the back of the Baltimor Catechism is an explanation of parts of the Mass. It outlines what the priest does and what the faithful should do or say.
Wouldn’t the best source for this sort of thing be the missalette at Church - or for the really interested, the GIRM?

I think if you strive to be a good, fully informed Catholic - reading as much as you can and knowing your FACTS without letting opinions cloud your thinking - then labels like “liberal” and “conservative” will fall away. You will truly be, “a Catholic”.

I would recommend the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It is long, but it is so good, a synthesis of Catholic beliefs about faith and morals.

Melman:
Wouldn’t the best source for this sort of thing be the missalette at Church - or for the really interested, the GIRM?
The back of the Baltimore is much more concise that the GIRM which I think is more towards what the poster is looking for. Some of the gestures of reverence are listed in the missalette but they are somewhat hidden within the text and could be missed. The Baltimore is an excellent reference and is very easy to read.
Melman:
I think if you strive to be a good, fully informed Catholic - reading as much as you can and knowing your FACTS without letting opinions cloud your thinking - then labels like “liberal” and “conservative” will fall away. You will truly be, “a Catholic”.
Good point. I think the poster here, though, was using conservative not as the opposite of liberal but as in orthodox or observant.

40.png
A.Pelliccio:

Anthony
a good conservative catholic… that’s ok, how about a good liberal catholic… hey, how about a good catholic?.. conservative like liberal can mean many things depending upon the intrepreter… propbably the best discription of the term your looking for is "a good orthodox Catholic… 👍

40.png
condan:
The back of the Baltimore is much more concise that the GIRM which I think is more towards what the poster is looking for. Some of the gestures of reverence are listed in the missalette but they are somewhat hidden within the text and could be missed. The Baltimore is an excellent reference and is very easy to read.
But isn’t it out of date? Was it ever updated to reflect the NO mass? That was my concern. I found a copy of it online somewhere, dated 1894.

Coast to Coast . . . yes an Orthodox probably would be a better term. But thats my question,what are the old tradtional motions, along the lines of my grandfathers example?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back