Considering A Scapular - Which One Would You Recommend

• Thread starter Thread starter Robert_in_SD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert_in_SD

I am considering wearing a scapular, but don’t know much about them and what is required of one who wears such an ornament. Also, there are just so many of them to choose from and I don’t know which is the most appropriate.

I’ve also heard about the 5-Fold (or 5-in-1) Scapular, but simply don’t know much about it and whether it is approved by the Church.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

Peace and Charity,

I’m prejudiced, I’d recommend the Brown Scapular. But really, you need to consider why you’re thinking of wearing any scapular. What does it mean to you, what do you mean by your desire to wear one. Then do some research the various scapulars and see if the message of any speaks to your heart more than the others. Are you drawn to one more than the others.

We are each called to participate in the Body of Christ according to our own role. If you get advice from a dozen who where a more popular scapular and yet you are strongly drawn to a less known scapular, would you be more correct to follow the crowd?

Learn and pray, then act according to how the Spirit moves you.

God Bless,

CARose

fice-fold, availablefrom any good Catholic store or on-line source, all the benefits of each individual one plus a medal of St. Benedict with mine, the most exorcised medal of all

a scapula simply gives one what any sacramental does but many people also wear a particular one because of affiliation with an order or attraction ro the spirituality of a particular saint or person or a devotion to Mary

Thanks folks for all of your (name removed by moderator)ut. I decided to go with…

ta ta ta DA…

The Brown Scapular. 😃

Take care,
-Rob

So Robert,

Now that you chosen (correctly if I may say so myself), have you asked your Priest to enroll you in the Order of the Brown Scapular? There is a blessing ceremony that he can conduct for you. My priest did so for my CCD class 2 years ago and he did a really nice job of it. I went ahead and had myself enrolled at the same time.

CARose

Brown or Five-Fold Scapular which consists of five very popular scapulars: the outer scapular: The Red “Passion Scapular”, then the White “Blessed Trinity Scapular”, the Brown “Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular”, the Black “Our Lady of Sorrows Scapular”, and the Blue “The Immaculate Virgin Mary Scapular”.

40.png
CARose:
So Robert,

Now that you chosen (correctly if I may say so myself), have you asked your Priest to enroll you in the Order of the Brown Scapular? There is a blessing ceremony that he can conduct for you. My priest did so for my CCD class 2 years ago and he did a really nice job of it. I went ahead and had myself enrolled at the same time.

CARose
Yes. Do I need to call and make an appointment for this, or is it less formal than that?

Some Parishes have Enrollment times listed in their Parish Bulletins, for instance, St. Agnes here in Baton Rouge has weekly enrollment for the Brown Scapular on Saturday at 9:30 AM, I believe that is the date and time…I am planning on getting enrolled in the 5-Fold Scapular and will be making an appointment for me to do so.
Robert in SD:
Yes. Do I need to call and make an appointment for this, or is it less formal than that?

Finally got to the Catholic store today and picked up a scapular metal.

PF

The green Scapular is the most powerful… It is supernaturally powerful. I put one on my grandmothers bedside for a happy death and the next day she came off the ventalator. About a year later she died.

Robert in SD:
If your parish does not offer weekly enrollment (as Dumspiro mentioned) just make an appointment, it takes all of 5 minutes to do.

As an aside, after I made my appointment and was enrolled in the Brown Scapular not too long ago, my mom promptly informed me that I was enrolled at the same time I made my First Communion. Apparently that was a fairly common practice in the past (for me it was '77). Does anyone know if this is still common?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back