Conversion Stories

• Thread starter Thread starter jrabs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrabs

I am praying desperately for conversions for some loved ones with hard hearts.

Would anyone mind sharing a story about someone they prayed for and was eventually converted?

My father in law, after thirty or more years absent from the Church has returned to the faith – sincerely returned. He had allowed the VII thing to be an excuse, but he told my husband that he was just not willing to do the whole “schtick” of being a devout Catholic.

I had been praying for the intercession of my late daughter on behalf of her beloved “Granpa” so they could be in heaven together. I think she did implore the Lord, but also in giving my mother-in-law a Catholic Classic Latin hymns CD by the Cathedral Singers, my father in law rediscovered some fervor for Communion.

He is advanced in age and could be excused from Mass, but he makes it in each Sunday, I hope that our Lord smiles on his effort.:bowdown2:

I know that it could be easy to think that my father in law is covering his buns to return to the Church now, but I see a man who is doing more than going through the motions. He asked me for music to listen to for Christmas, too.👍

Hi,
A few months ago my younger brother came back to the Church. He has had a big conversion, I think it will stick.
Also at around the same time An uncle, aunt and one daughter started attending Mass. The auntie is very regular, the others are a bit patchy. I gave them 2 copies of “The Faith Explained” by Leo Trese. I don’t think they know much about the faith.
Last sunday they were all there along with a near auntie ( lived defacto with a divorced uncle for many years until recently) and I am pretty sure she has not been to Mass for donkey’s years.
We are working hard to convert my father. He agreed to read a book about the faith.
And my young brothers wife is another target. She got Scott and Kimberley Hahns book- Rome sweet Home. She’s Anglican.
My younger brother has his kids going/ on the way to an Opus Dei inspired school. So they will probably keep the faith too.
My oldest brother has 6 kids so far. And the whole family is going great in the faith. His family and myself have been praying , offering up sacrifices and sufferings for years for the family.
Oh yeah. My mother returned to the Church about 1997.
Other friends have converted / returned to the Church during the last 15 yrs for me and 17 yrs for my brother. He converted me.
All this came about because my older brother converted and got involved with Opus Dei. God bless Opus Dei.
The price of a soul is very high. You have to offer lots of sacrifices and prayers. And always remember " with God all things are possible". The most hardened sinner can convert in the blink of an eye. Be in there for the long haul, it can happen.
I’ll keep you in my prayers.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

wow - thanks for the testimonies. They are helpful. John, you are right in saying that the price of one soul is very high. Each soul is precious.

I will keep on praying that these hard hearts are softened. God can do amazing things - and faith plays a big part.

Thanks and God Bless you for sharing. There are many people on this forum who are also seeking conversions of loved ones. Please pray for them as well.

40.png
jrabs:
wow - thanks for the testimonies. They are helpful. John, you are right in saying that the price of one soul is very high. Each soul is precious.

I will keep on praying that these hard hearts are softened. God can do amazing things - and faith plays a big part.

Thanks and God Bless you for sharing. There are many people on this forum who are also seeking conversions of loved ones. Please pray for them as well.
Yes. I’ll pray for them.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back