Cornell study shows jumping into bed hurts relationships

  • Thread starter Thread starter fnr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The researchers who carried out the study, the first of its kind, say that early sexual satisfaction may stunt the development of other key ingredients of healthy relationships, such as commitment, caring, understanding and shared values. “Precocious premarital sexual activities may have lasting effects on relationship quality,” they say. “Courtship is a time for exploration and decision-making about the relationship, when partners assess compatibility, make commitments and build on emotional and physical intimacy.”

Yes, and when you throw sex into the mix, the rest gets shunted off to the side while you bond through physical intimacy. It messes things up until your judgment is cloudy and you think “Oh, I love him!” or, “I love her!” when what you really feel is just the bond that should happen AFTER marriage.
 
Breaking news! Scientists prove that water is wet! More at 11.

-ACEGC
 
I would love to either be better friends with my spouse today by have taken time to allow our friendship to deepen or to have found out areas that we truly were not compatible.

“Jumping in” as it were has led to more sadness down the road than I would have liked for either of us. Living as a married couple without being married, there wasn’t any anticipation to look forward to as a married couple. It also stunted our emotional growth as a couple.
 
I would love to either be better friends with my spouse today by have taken time to allow our friendship to deepen or to have found out areas that we truly were not compatible.

“Jumping in” as it were has led to more sadness down the road than I would have liked for either of us. Living as a married couple without being married, there wasn’t any anticipation to look forward to as a married couple. It also stunted our emotional growth as a couple.
That’s a very important message you have to share. Please continue to speak this truth!
 
It’s interesting that the effects were more pronounced for women than for men…but not surprising. Again, this study shows that the “sexual revolution” has not done women any favours at all. Instead of liberating and empowering them, women are potentially now more than ever merely objects for men to gratify themselves with. Where once the norm was for a man to commit to a woman through marriage before sex was available, he can now merely date someone for a little while (commonly less than a month).

For many, sex is no longer a means for a married couple to bond, but simply a recreational activity. No wonder marriages so often fail.
 
LOL, I took your title literally. I try to explain this everyday to my 70 pound child as he jumps on top of me in the morning.
 
LOL, I took your title literally. I try to explain this everyday to my 70 pound child as he jumps on top of me in the morning.
👍 That was my initial reading of the subject as well! I was thinking, “does it really annoy people that much when someone jumps into bed next to them that it causes relationship problems?”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top