Corporate Fast

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael038
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are too coy. Define, please. Compare and contrast. Cite examples in the Bible or the holy literature. Have an explanatory Mardi Gras.

40.png
Michael038:
Anyone interested in a corporate fast?
Can you please explain?
~ Kathy ~

I’m guessing he means that we abstain from supporting corporations for a certain period of time.

Kaleb Kroger:
I’m guessing he means that we abstain from supporting corporations for a certain period of time.
That would be a corporate boycott.
Merriam-Webster OnLine:
Main Entry: 3fast
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English fæstan
1 : to abstain from food
2 : to eat sparingly or abstain from some foods
Merriam-Webster OnLine:
Main Entry: boy·cott m-w.com/images/audio.gif
Pronunciation: 'boi-"kät
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Charles C. *Boycott *died 1897 English land agent in Ireland who was ostracized for refusing to reduce rents
: to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions

A Corporate fast is when a group of people decide on a specific day each month, or each week that they will fast. This fasting can be for spiritual growth, or for a spouse, or for any other cause. The fast can be anything that you want to give up for the day.

40.png
Michael038:
A Corporate fast is when a group of people decide on a specific day each month, or each week that they will fast. This fasting can be for spiritual growth, or for a spouse, or for any other cause. The fast can be anything that you want to give up for the day.
I can do that. Name your day and name your poison.
~ Kathy ~

How about next Wednesday? It can be whatever you want, I wont eat any meat.
God Bless!
M

40.png
Michael038:
How about next Wednesday? It can be whatever you want, I wont eat any meat.
God Bless!
M
That’s easy! Vegan here. I’ll give up desserts instead.
~ Kathy ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back