Correct date of Resurrection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dpoc41
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dpoc41

Guest
Hi All, some person on twitter is tweeting about how everyone has it wrong about Easter and the Resurrection.
see below and attachment:
WHOEVER states JESUS rose at easter&lent is the ONE GODS DEED,Jesus will call LIARS at their JUDGEMENT&say"I NEVER KNEW YOU",

By ADDING easter&lent popes have ADDED2GODS to the SPOKEN GOSPEL OF LIES,easter was roiginally for baal&lent for balaamESRA6;19

Anyone know how to answer this? ps. I have asked the person to come here to discuss.👍
 
The confusion about the actual day of crucifixion and ressurecdtion often comes from confusion about when the passover was celebrated.

The Jews in charge of the temple used a lunar calander which caused the major feast days to fall on different days of the year. Other Jeiwsh groups sucha shte Essenes and Qumran communities prefferred a solar calendar in which feasts fell on the same day of the week every year. So some Jews would have celebrated passover on Tuesday night were other’s would have celebrated on Thursday.

This is only one possible solution to the question and I’m not saying that it is the answer. But I think Jesus will have many more important issues to deal with before he starts accusing people of being liars and throwing them into hell for getting the date of his crucifixion or ressurection wrong. One of those issues I think Jesus will address right away are the people who presume to know what measure God will use to judge others and who he will and will not throw into hell.

I think the twitterer should be more concerned with those who through lack of humility presume to take on God’s authority. Pride is one of the worst sins.

-Tim-
 
To my knowledge, the Church doesn’t make a large fuss over the specific date of the Resurrection. Remember that many calendaring systems were employed by Jews and Romans and others, and many adjustments and new calendar systems occurred over time to make such a calculation difficult.

That said, this blog entry by a Anglican Use Catholic notes some scientific and historical background supporting that Christ died at the proper time near Passover in AD 31, and that non-Biblical records of an eclipse-like event (although a true eclipse was physically impossible) were made by several, including Pontius Pilate himself. It’s good food for thought, although a person that has “Da Vinci Code-itis” or “Bible Code-itis” may not see anything outside of what they think their Bible tells them.
 
This is one of the accusations that the Jehovah’s witnesses make against us. I have had LONG conversations with a reformed (or not so reformed 🤷) JW friend of mine who is still very anti-Catholic. Because the actual date of execution is known it is felt by them that therefore Easter should be celebrated exactly 3 days after that every year. However, I then needed to branch out to the theology of the Eucharist and show why it was more important that Easter be celebrated on the Sunday therefore changing the Sabbath day and setting the Holy Day of Obligation. Therefore we had the fundamentalist reading and the contextual reading. However, first it involved some very deep parallels being drawn between Christ and the Passover lamb and the OT prophecies that most JWs have never heard. Good luck. 🙂
 
thanks to everyone who has replied. I have asked the person to come and discuss again, but all i got in reply was some jibberish about sons of satan. :banghead:

God Bless
 
thanks to everyone who has replied. I have asked the person to come and discuss again, but all i got in reply was some jibberish about sons of satan. :banghead:

God Bless
OK so maybe he is just off kilter and needs psychological help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top