Correcting a bad confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter invadersomeone
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

invadersomeone

Guest
Ok so a few weeks ago I went to confession and made a bad confession because I knowingly withheld information about a mortal sin. So I was feeling terrible about this and returned today to confession and told the priest I made a bad confession and what I had withheld at that time, in addition to telling him my other sins.

He didn’t say anything about the bad confession when he was giving me advice and so on. That kind of struck me as odd I was expecting him to ask why I had withheld information or something. But my real question I guess was it really that ‘simple’, so to speak, that all I had to do was go to confession and admit that I had made a bad confession previously?
 
Yes, it really is that simple. Isn’t it great? Jesus gave the blood, sweat, and tears. We have to do so little - admit our fault, ask for forgiveness, and resolve to do better!
 
Ok so a few weeks ago I went to confession and made a bad confession because I knowingly withheld information about a mortal sin. So I was feeling terrible about this and returned today to confession and told the priest I made a bad confession and what I had withheld at that time, in addition to telling him my other sins.

He didn’t say anything about the bad confession when he was giving me advice and so on. That kind of struck me as odd I was expecting him to ask why I had withheld information or something. But my real question I guess was it really that ‘simple’, so to speak, that all I had to do was go to confession and admit that I had made a bad confession previously?
You are forgiven, go in peace!
 
thank you for posting this concern, I was wondering too.
 
Yes, it really is that simple. Isn’t it great? Jesus gave the blood, sweat, and tears. We have to do so little - admit our fault, ask for forgiveness, and resolve to do better!
Ditto! 👍
 
Ok so a few weeks ago I went to confession and made a bad confession because I knowingly withheld information about a mortal sin. So I was feeling terrible about this and returned today to confession and told the priest I made a bad confession and what I had withheld at that time, in addition to telling him my other sins.

He didn’t say anything about the bad confession when he was giving me advice and so on. That kind of struck me as odd I was expecting him to ask why I had withheld information or something. But my real question I guess was it really that ‘simple’, so to speak, that all I had to do was go to confession and admit that I had made a bad confession previously?
Yes, The Sacrament of Confession is awesome , isn’t it? So simple , really. He understood you had entered into the process of discerning you need to confess sins truthfully and he didn’t have to say anything. He said what the Holy Spirit led him to say. Pretty cool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top