Crossroads

• Thread starter Thread starter find_my_way
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

find_my_way

I feel like I have come to a crossroads in my life that is leading me towards coversion. Once a week, I pass by St. Anthony Catholic church. There is a sign that says “If you have any questions about the faith, we can help you find your way”.

Every time I pass by that church I get a warm, welcoming feeling and it makes me want to go there, but I’m still not sure.

I feel god is leading me to the Catholic church, but I don’t know why.

find my way:
I feel like I have come to a crossroads in my life that is leading me towards coversion. Once a week, I pass by St. Anthony Catholic church. There is a sign that says “If you have any questions about the faith, we can help you find your way”.

Every time I pass by that church I get a warm, welcoming feeling and it makes me want to go there, but I’m still not sure.

He did me but he pulled me to the Cathedral in Memphis:D He does things like that:) Pretty cool,huh?😃

Pray Pray and Pray

The Holy Spirit works with the tiniest flame of faith within each one of us to bring it to fruition.

God wants you and He is seeking after you. Seek after Him - let Him run to you, sweep you up in His arms and show you His ways.

Find out the hours that St. Anthony’s is open, go in and pray. Call the rectory (or the phone number on the sign if there is one) and say, “I read that sign out front every day and have questions. Can I come talk to someone?”

Sometimes it can be really hard at the crossroads if you don’t have anyone giving you an indication of which way to go. And sometimes the way you want to take and believe is the best way - the way towards God - is the way the world, and maybe even your friends, don’t want you to take. Go towards God - it is so very worth it.

Let us know what you do.

I drove by our Cathedral so many times and the day I walked in to pray was the day I knew it was Home.

I believe I will take that step into that church. Its a very hard thing to do though. My family is Baptist and I want to be Catholic. My family doesn’t want me to. I want to put God first though.

Just stroll on in to that church, find the tabernacle, and spend some time in prayer. No one will bother you.

Dear Find My Way,

You are on the right track, putting God first. It sounds like you have indeed found your way.

God bless, you are in my prayers.

find my way:

Praise Jesus! I am always glad to hear of souls turning to Christ…I will pray for you! God bless! (And welcome home - almost! 😉 )

Thanks a lot for putting me in your prayers. It means a lot to me. Today is the first day in a long time that I just sat down and read the Bible for fun in a long time.
I believe it makes more sence now than when I was little and had to read it.

find my way:
I believe I will take that step into that church. Its a very hard thing to do though. My family is Baptist and I want to be Catholic. My family doesn’t want me to. I want to put God first though.
I’m so happy for you! I’m glad you’re on your way home. Walk into his House with an open heart - He’s a gracious host waiting to welcome you with loving arms.

find my way:
Thanks a lot for putting me in your prayers. It means a lot to me.
You are more than welcome! It’s my pleasure - strengthening one member of the Body benefits the Whole!
It means a lot to me to have faithful souls find their way home!

Although i have a lot of things i don’t agree with in the Catholic church, Go where God calls you. If your family is truly devoted Baptists, they will support this. If God calls you to something, far be it from men to prevent it. Your family may struggle, but God doesn’t want you to live for them. He wants you to live for himself. TEST EVERYTHING. Follow God.

Find my way,

<<I believe I will take that step into that church. Its a very hard thing to do though. My family is Baptist and I want to be Catholic. My family doesn’t want me to. I want to put God first though.>>

You are right to put the Lord first. He is the one we need to follow. I will put you on my prayer list. Feel free to come to the forum and ask questions.

Peace to you,

Dorothy

You might also get a book on St. Anthony of Padua. This suggestion is not without selfish motivation. He is my Patron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back