Crowning of Mary

• Thread starter Thread starter Coder
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coder

Do we believe that Mary was/is literally crowned? A crown seems to be such a human material object associated with kings and queens especially at a certain time of history.

Is the crowning figurative intended to depict God giving to Mary her (rightful!) place in Heaven?

Thank You

There was another thread somewhere on this subject…
It had an excellent post showing the varying “crowns” mentioned in the NT.

We might as well ask what kind of crowns we ourselves shall receive (we hope) when we arrive: material, or spiritual? :angel1:

I for one think the crowns referred to are merely symbolic of the incomprehensible glory and honour with which the just are rewarded in heaven.

The radiant glory with which our Lady is now sublimely endowed, body and soul, through the ineffable light of the Beatific Vision, far surpasses the paltry adornment of a material crown, as the sun outshines a candle…

If God gave Her a crown- then she has one.

Of similiar interest it is recorded in the book of revelation that everyone in Heaven shall be given a special name that only they and God will know.
Revelation, chapter 2

Chapter
Book

17: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone which no one knows except him who receives it.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back