Crucifix in Home

• Thread starter Thread starter VeronicasJude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VeronicasJude

Are there any guidelines as to where you hang a Crucifix in your home? Certain Wall? An entrance? Above a bed?

Hi-

I don’t think there are specific requirements, but it should be in a conspicuous spot so as to serve as reminder and sign of faith. I think it’s also a good idea to have one in every room, at least the bedrooms and the main living area. :twocents:
I think some people like to hang theirs above the bed in bedrooms, I’ve placed ours next to the doors. The one in the main entrance to the home (an open floor plan so it’s visible all through the home) is above the door.

Hope this helps!

We move around a lot (military) but one of the first things I do when we get to our new home(s) is hang a crucifix by the front door. Sort of the “blood on the doorpost” thing, I guess. I like to mark our home for the Lord.

I carry a small plastic crucifix when I travel so that I can display it in my hotel room.

That is really neat. I have one above my doorway. I can look at it when I go to sleep and it makes me feel good. I know that whenever I enter my room, Jesus is right there. Makes me feel safe. 🙂

40.png
GoodForm:
I carry a small plastic crucifix when I travel so that I can display it in my hotel room.
Same here!

I don’t think there are any rules about where they belong in the home. We have several throughout the house; I simply put them up in places where my eyes seem to rest frequently throughout the day.

It’s common for people to place them over the bed; however, I chose to put one on a different wall in our bedroom because then I can see it when I’m actually IN bed, where I tend to do a good deal of my praying.

I have one next to the door of my bedroom where I can see it from my bed. On the wall over my bed is an oversized rosary from Fatima.

There’s also a large crucifix on the wall in my family room where I have a prayer corner and one by the microwave in my kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back