Crucifix with 3 languages, not abbrev. INRI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Geremia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geremia

Guest
From John 19:19-20:
And Pilate wrote a title also: and he put it upon the cross. And the writing was: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Judæorum or “INRI”]. This title therefore many of the Jews did read: because the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city. And it was written in Hebrew, in Greek, and in Latin.
Are there crucifixes out there that actually write out all three phrases in their respective languages?

ישוע הנצרי ומלך היהודים
ιησους ο ναζωραιος ο βασιλευς των ιουδαιων
Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Judæorum
 
I’ve seen several in Orthodox Churches with all three languages.

Though properly, they read THE KING OF GLORY, because that’s what was really happening.
 
I have seen them, though it has been a bit so I do not recall where.

Looking for one for your wall? 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top