cure for laziness

• Thread starter Thread starter DEESYPAL
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEESYPAL

I have to admit I am a very lazy person. I’m unsure if it is a mortal sin or not. I’m studying at University doing my Bachelor Degree for Civil Engineering, currently im at my second year. The problem is I have lost interest in my course but I owe it all to laziness. I was never like this in my junior days, but i dont know.

Now, I know there is no such thing as a stupid question, but is
there a remedy for laziness?

One thing I’ve noticed though is that I like to read up on anything to do on Catholicism or anything about GOD. I don’t know but there is something about theology which attracts me.

Try being completely lazy for a day or two. Just stay in bed all day – no TV, no computer, no radio, no nuttin’. And then see what happens.

40.png
DEESYPAL:
I have to admit I am a very lazy person. I’m unsure if it is a mortal sin or not. I’m studying at University doing my Bachelor Degree for Civil Engineering, currently im at my second year. The problem is I have lost interest in my course but I owe it all to laziness. I was never like this in my junior days, but i dont know.

One thing I’ve noticed though is that I like to read up on anything to do on Catholicism or anything about GOD. I don’t know but there is something about theology which attracts me.
Did you at one time have that same sentiment concerning engineering? We all have our lethargic moments especially if the undertaking to be done is not of interest to us. For me it is folding clothes. I do not mind washing them; I just hate folding them. However, if you labor in a career in which you are both good at and find a great interest in, you will find yourself eager to work. For some, money makes the difference. This is not the case with me. Maybe you can, in some way, combine the two (your career path and the Church) by graduating with your Civil Engineering degree and contracting locally or internationally with the Church?
God bless.

Maybe fritter your time away posting on this site like I do!!! 😃 Then, look at the clock and madly run around the house trying to make up for lost time! 👍

40.png
DEESYPAL:
Try drinking lots of water (2ltr) a day, this will help to flush out the toxins in your body as well as in your kidneys where your adrenal glands are situated just above each kidney; the adrenal glands are often known as the fight or flight glands and if they are not performing as they should can make people feel tired and lazy.

Also take a look at your diet and try if you are not already to include plenty of fresh fruit and veg and include some complex carbohydrates in your diet; a good one would be to have some porridge with some fruit for breakfast and change from white bread to granary bread and cut out the bad fats and include some good oils in your diet like olive oil, flax oil, fish oils, Udo’s oil.

And most importantly if you are not doing it, try and do some sort of aerobic exercises in the day when ever possible.

It may be worth asking your Physician to check your thyroid gland to see if everything is o.k.

There are a lot of herbal and homeopathic medicines out there as well as over the counter medicines, but I would not rely on them solely as a cure and I would advise where herbal and homeopathic as well allopathic medicines are concerned to have a qualified practitioner prescribe them to you.

40.png
DEESYPAL:

Replace “Civil Engineering” with Linguistics and you’ve got me EXACTLY. Uncanny… :eek:

Possibly the laziness is a sign that you no longer have the committment to your major. Or it could be a sign that as you get closer to graduating you are not looking forward to being out in the real world. Look for the root underlying the lack of desire and attend to that. Go back and reexamine why you originally committed to this major. You may rediscover your joy. If you are truly not committed to your major any longer, better to find out now, than spend 20 years in a career you hate, just because you didn’t want to waste a year or two in college. (Been there, done that, don’t buy the tshirt!)

In the meantime, try breaking up your studies into manageable chunks, i.e., reading this chapter, studying for 1 hour, etc. Then take that chunk and offer it up for a specific purpose. “Lord, I offer you this hour of study for the intentions of . . .” a friend who is sick, the soul of the recently deceased relative, etc. I find that offering up undesireable tasks makes the task a joy because you are helping someone you love. The less desirable the task, (like folding laudry :)) the more the joy of offering it up, because you know darn well that only the love of this person would get you to do this joyfully!!

Amy

I wish I could help you. I have been going in and out of “Lazy modes” all of my life and I am 45 now. Once, when I was in the Navy, I decided to offer a novena and beseech St. Paul, who spoke frequently about sluggards, to guide me out of my laziness. I started the nine day novena on a Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I quit on the following Saturday… I was too lazy to finish the novena!

Thal59

40.png
Thal59:
I wish I could help you. I have been going in and out of “Lazy modes” all of my life and I am 45 now. Once, when I was in the Navy, I decided to offer a novena and beseech St. Paul, who spoke frequently about sluggards, to guide me out of my laziness. I started the nine day novena on a Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I quit on the following Saturday… I was too lazy to finish the novena!
:rotfl:
I’ve NEVER finished a novena. As it turns out, much of my “laziness” is from adult ADD, so I’ve begun to approach it from that direction, and with prayer, sometimes see a difference. That’s where the breaking into chunks helps me a lot.

amy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back