Czestochowa Devotion

• Thread starter Thread starter CathMass
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CathMass

I’m not sure if any of you are familiar with this custom but I want to mention it. Its a Polish custom of praying at 9 PM every night to Our Lady of Czestochowa in union with the shrine in poland for various needs especially those of the Polish nation. I bring this up because I want to suggest that everyone pray at 9 PM every night for the Holy Father. It is highly recommended to pray the rosary and pray some prayers to Our Lady. It closes with the prayer *“Mary, Queen of Poland, I stand before you, I am watching,I am on guard” *and this is repeated 3 times.
I highly recommend that we pray at this hour for the Holy Father even if its just a Hail Mary for the Pope and the above prayer. I first heard about the appeal in a book about Jasna Gora that I obtained from a Polish church so I’m sure it accurate about the time and prayer. It mentions that it originated during the late 1950’s and continues to this day and all kinds of intentions are offered. Also I don’t think you need to be Polish to do this devotion since after all Mary is mother of all and the Church is universal so I highly recommend this pious practice especially at this time and please pray for the Holy Father.

:blessyou:

To have the prayers siad in union with Poeles, would it not be better to say it at 3PM in the US insted of 9PM, since there is a six hour time difference?

Holy Mother of Czestochowa,
Thou art full of grace,
goodness and mercy.
I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts,
words and actions,
my soul and body.
I beseech Thy blessings
and especially prayers for my salvation.
Today, I consecrate myself to Thee,
Good Mother,
totally, with body and soul
amid joy and sufferings to obtain
for myself and others
Thy blessings on this earth and
eternal life in Heaven.

Amen.

marypages.com/Czestochowa.htm

It is a wonderful devotion. I read about this before, and think this would be a good time to add such a devotion to my prayer life.

Thanks for the info.

~cleopa

40.png
serendipity:
Holy Mother of Czestochowa,
Thou art full of grace,
goodness and mercy.
I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts,
words and actions,
my soul and body.
I beseech Thy blessings
and especially prayers for my salvation.
Today, I consecrate myself to Thee,
Good Mother,
totally, with body and soul
amid joy and sufferings to obtain
for myself and others
Thy blessings on this earth and
eternal life in Heaven.

Amen.
This is too ‘over the top’ for me.

I wouldn’t make a commitment like this to anyone but God Himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back