Da Vinci Code/Spirituality

• Thread starter Thread starter brabble
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brabble

I live in South Australia. It has been reported in our Catholic newspaper that a seminar re *The Da Vinci Code *has “theologians scratching their head” since the enrolments have been overwhelming in numbers and forcing further seminars (secular)to be set up over May/April. The theologians apparently scratching their heads because this is absolutely unprecedented in South Australia.
A former Passionist priest and Adelaide academic has commented “This response tells me that people are obviously searching and the book has sparked interest in the life of Jesus despite its overwhelming inaccuracies”.
Fr.Gerald Gleeson ( senior lecturer in philosophy - Catholic University of Sydney) commented “People appear to be looking for mystery, a deeper meaning to life and perhaps they are not finding it sufficiently in The Church.”

40.png
brabble:
I live in South Australia. It has been reported in our Catholic newspaper that a seminar re *The Da Vinci Code *has “theologians scratching their head” since the enrolments have been overwhelming in numbers and forcing further seminars (secular)to be set up over May/April.
The Church should give seminars on people like Sr. Lucia and Padre Pio and people would come.

Good point! They certainly have that element of mystery - the unknown . . . and entirely Catholic. Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back