Dante's metaphor for the Blessed Mother?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ac_claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ac_claire

Guest
Mary is to the Church what Beatrice is to Dante in The Divine Comedy (specifically Dante’s Paradiso). Any opinions on this? For, against, indifferent…?

Please discuss.
 
come on people, throw me a bone!
All the times I’ve helped y’all out with your apologetics efforts, and nobody can offer anything??
 
Mary is to the Church what Beatrice is to Dante in The Divine Comedy (specifically Dante’s Paradiso). Any opinions on this? For, against, indifferent…?

Please discuss.
Who cares what Dante said?
 
Yes there are two ways of reading Beatrice, one is as a love interest and the other is as a symbol of the blessed mother. I particularly love Dante’s La Vita Nuova…that is some of his most beautiful work!
 
I’ve always wanted to read Dante’s work. I hope that you all keep discussing symbolism so that when I finally do get around to reading he work, I will be able to understand it more fully.🙂

Just as an interesting tidbit…did you know that Dante was one of the artist Michelangelo’s favorite writers?
 
Yes there are two ways of reading Beatrice, one is as a love interest and the other is as a symbol of the blessed mother. I particularly love Dante’s La Vita Nuova…that is some of his most beautiful work!
I Thought that Beatrice was an allegory for Faith or Revelation in general. I never thought of an allegory for The Church or The Blessed Virgin!

Was this in a commentary you read?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top