Dark Dungeons (2014)

  • Thread starter Thread starter VeritasLuxMea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VeritasLuxMea

Guest
trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=H4z5aa9yRYg

As far as I know, this is the first and only movie based on a Jack Chick tract. It tells the story of the evil that will corrupt your heart if you RPG. I wish they would make every Jack Chick tract into a movie, they’re so entertaining.
 
trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=H4z5aa9yRYg

As far as I know, this is the first and only movie based on a Jack Chick tract. It tells the story of the evil that will corrupt your heart if you RPG. I wish they would make every Jack Chick tract into a movie, they’re so entertaining.
All I know is that if someone came in the room and yelled “ARE YOU READY TO RPG!?” I’d pelt them with d20’s 😃
 
All I know is that if someone came in the room and yelled “ARE YOU READY TO RPG!?” I’d pelt them with d20’s 😃
Please tell me there is senseless violence to gazebos involved somewhere in this film 😃
 
HAW HAW HAW!

Sorry, that’s always the first thing that pops into my mind when Jack Chick’s name comes up. Well, that and the cover of the “death cookie” tract.
 
I bought a copy from gog.com. It’s on sale for 2.99 now, which I guess is decent enough for a ~40 minute movie. I’ll give my impressions after I watch it. 🙂
 
Just what we need- - -a chicklet (a follower of Jack Chick) movie ! ! ! 😃
 
Just what we need- - -a chicklet (a follower of Jack Chick) movie ! ! ! 😃
Oh, the filmmaker doesn’t follow Chick, he thinks the tract is hilarious:

"As I say in my video, you cannot PARODY a work of this magnitude. You have to present a sincere retelling of the comic without editorializing, with as much oomph and drama and authority and pure showmanship as you can possibly do within the limits of the source material.”

geekdad.com/2013/04/filmmaker-to-turn-anti-dd-tract-dark-dungeons-into-movie/
 
Got no speakers on me right now so I watched it without sound.
Now I don’t know if I even need it. :rotfl:
Oh, the filmmaker doesn’t follow Chick, he thinks the tract is hilarious:

"As I say in my video, you cannot PARODY a work of this magnitude. You have to present a sincere retelling of the comic without editorializing, with as much oomph and drama and authority and pure showmanship as you can possibly do within the limits of the source material.”

geekdad.com/2013/04/filmmaker-to-turn-anti-dd-tract-dark-dungeons-into-movie/
After watching it, I can only say:

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

(Then again, I’ve been trying to do it for quite a while now, even before this movie came out. :o)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top