Day 31 - (Seeking Knowledge of Christ)

  • Thread starter Thread starter MariaChristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MariaChristi

Guest
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Thanks so much to all who prayed for our Legion of Mary members yesterday on our “Lenten Pilgrimage”. It wasn’t easy to get up at 4 am and board the Church’s little “activity bus” at 5:45 am. Nevertheless, knowing God is never “out done in Charity” (as St. Louis de Montfort wrote), we were able to set off from the parking lot at 5:50 am, trusting the Lord and Our Lady would enable us to arrive safely and on time for Mass.

Again, it was so beautiful to be part of this gathering of Mary’s spiritual army and to re-dedicate ourselves to Jesus with our Queen and Mother, for God’s Honor and Glory! When we arrived back at Church, one of our Legion Members took a broom and swept out the bus, (which I think had been used by the school children before we used it Saturday). I thought, how like Mary’s spirit of humility and helpfulness this man displayed!

Yes, Jesus and Mary received our dedication; Faithfully in return They will give us the knowledge and the love we need to serve Them even more! Please let us continue these last three days of our preparation with great attention and devotion to seeking knowledge of Christ, our Way, our Truth and our Life, always through Mary and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

O Jesus living in Mary,
Come and live in Thy servants,
In the spirit of Thy holiness,
In the fullness of Thy might,
In the truth of Thy virtues,
In the perfection of Thy ways,
In the communion of Thy mysteries;
Subdue every hostile power
In Thy Spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen.

See HERE
 
Imitation of Christ: Book 4, Chapter 2
That the Great Goodness and Love of God
Is Exhibited to Man in This Sacrament

In confidence of Thy goodness and great mercy, O Lord, I draw near, sick to the Healer, hungry and thirsty to the Fountain of life, needy to the King of Heaven, a servant to his Lord, a creature to the Creator, desolate to my own tender Comforter. “But whence is this to me,” that Thou comest unto me (Luke 1:43)? What am I, that Thou shouldest grant me Thine own self? how dare a sinner appear before Thee?

And how is it that Thou dost vouchsafe to come unto a sinner? Thou knowest Thy servant, and art well aware that he hath in him no good thing, for which Thou shouldest grant him this. I confess therefore mine own vileness, I acknowledge Thy goodness, I praise Thy tender mercy, and give Thee thanks for Thy transcendent love.

“What is man that Thou art mindful of him?” Psalm 8:5

Peace
 
Imitation of Christ: Book 4, Chapter 2
That the Great Goodness and Love of God
Is Exhibited to Man in This Sacrament

In confidence of Thy goodness and great mercy, O Lord, I draw near, sick to the Healer, hungry and thirsty to the Fountain of life, needy to the King of Heaven, a servant to his Lord, a creature to the Creator, desolate to my own tender Comforter. “But whence is this to me,” that Thou comest unto me (Luke 1:43)? What am I, that Thou shouldest grant me Thine own self? how dare a sinner appear before Thee?

And how is it that Thou dost vouchsafe to come unto a sinner? Thou knowest Thy servant, and art well aware that he hath in him no good thing, for which Thou shouldest grant him this. I confess therefore mine own vileness, I acknowledge Thy goodness, I praise Thy tender mercy, and give Thee thanks for Thy transcendent love.

“What is man that Thou art mindful of him?” Psalm 8:5

Peace
Thanks, hazcompat.

Yes, How tender is His Mercy ! What a mystery is God’s Love that He should love us so much ! God so loved the world He sent His Son, and continues to send Him through Mary!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top