Day 32 (Seeking Knowledge of Christ)

  • Thread starter Thread starter hazcompat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hazcompat

Guest
Imitation of Christ: Book 2, Chapter 7
Of the Love of Jesus above All Things

Blessed is he that understandeth (Psalm 119:1,2) what it is to love Jesus, and to despise himself for Jesus’ sake. Thou oughtest to leave thy beloved, for thy beloved (Deut. 6:5; Matt. 22:37; Cant. 2:16); for that Jesus will be loved alone above all things.

The love of things created is deceitful and inconstant; the love of Jesus is faithful and persevering. He that cleaveth unto a creature, shall fall with that which is subject to fall; he that embraceth Jesus shall be made strong for ever.

O Jesus Living in Mary

O Jesus living in Mary,
Come and live in Thy servants,
In the spirit of Thy holiness,
In the fullness of Thy might,
In the truth of Thy virtues,
In the perfection of Thy ways,
In the communion of Thy mysteries;
Subdue every hostile power
In Thy spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen.

totalconsecration.ageofmary.com/preparation-32.html

Peace
 
Imitation of Christ: Book 2, Chapter 7
Of the Love of Jesus above All Things

Blessed is he that understandeth (Psalm 119:1,2) what it is to love Jesus, and to despise himself for Jesus’ sake. Thou oughtest to leave thy beloved, for thy beloved (Deut. 6:5; Matt. 22:37; Cant. 2:16); for that Jesus will be loved alone above all things.

The love of things created is deceitful and inconstant; the love of Jesus is faithful and persevering. He that cleaveth unto a creature, shall fall with that which is subject to fall; he that embraceth Jesus shall be made strong for ever.

O Jesus Living in Mary

O Jesus living in Mary,
Come and live in Thy servants,
In the spirit of Thy holiness,
In the fullness of Thy might,
In the truth of Thy virtues,
In the perfection of Thy ways,
In the communion of Thy mysteries;
Subdue every hostile power
In Thy spirit, for the glory of the Father. Amen.

totalconsecration.ageofmary.com/preparation-32.html

Peace
Dear hazcompat,

Thanks so much for posting this yesterday. I thought I had posted for Day 32 but I had only posted in one Forum and not repeated it as I usually do on Catholic Answers. Sometimes I post here first and then repeat it on another forum. Bottom line is I think I was so tired, I simply did not get it right. I went back to the other forum and copied what I posted there yesterday, so I could post in response to you and then post for today.

Again, thanks for posting the link, the beautiful excerpt from the Imitation and the Prayer. It has been a blessing to have you on this journey! Here is my post from yesterday:
Day 32 ( Seeking knowledge of Jesus)

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

How quickly these days of preparation have gone for me! How I thank the Lord for His Infinite Mercy in giving Himself to us through Mary, by the power of the Holy Spirit! How I pray we may all learn from Jesus as Mary did and grow more and more in His Image and Likeness!

The writing of St. Louis de Montfort, which he lived, continues to help me:
True Devotion To the Blessed Virgin Mary: Nos. 257–260
There are some very sanctifying interior practices for those souls who feel called by the Holy Spirit to a high degree of perfection. They may be expressed in four words, doing everything through Mary, with Mary, in Mary, and for Mary, in order to do it more perfectly through Jesus, with Jesus, in Jesus, and for Jesus…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top