Day of Illumination of All Conciences

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrs0

Can anyone give me any info on the prophecied Day of Illumination of all Conciences I hear St. Faustina made reference to it in her diary and have wondered ever since what this event is.

A priest named Father Philip Bebie wrote a little booklet that was meant to be distributed after the warning occurred so that people would know what happened. Here’s a link to it:

call2holiness.org/BebieWarning.html

A number of visionaries and mystics have made reference to this event. It is supposed to be something like Our Lord’s last final act of mercy, the “last roundup” to call all the people back to repentance. Everyone alive on earth will see the state of their souls as God sees us. You will know at that exact moment if you would merit heaven or hell, and if you weren’t happy about your eternal destination, then you’d know what to do to change it (repentance, confession, penance, staying in a state of grace, etc.).

It has been predicted that this will take place before the tribulations start that will signal the events of Christ’s Final Coming.

I thought Garabandal had been condemned and/or proven to be false. :confused:

Garabandal is not the only place mention of the Warning comes from. St. Edward Campion, Blessed Anna Maria Taigi, and St. Faustina also foresaw it. There’s probably others that I can’t think of right now.

It’s true that this is all private revelation and you don’t have to believe it.

As far as Garabandal is concerned, it has not been approved, nor has it been specifically condemned as containing something contrary to faith, scripture, or Church teaching. The bishops have simply stated that they do not see anything of a supernatural nature. None of the things predicted there have come to pass as of yet. That means that if something should happen to prove it was true, then they would probably open an investigation. They have NOT said that there was something evil there and it should be totally disregarded, as at Bayside.

Mystics have been wrong before. When the calendar was going to turn at the end of the last millenium many mystics were claiming that the end of the world and the return of Christ would happen then. People were terrified. The Pope at that time had to tell them not to fear. He very sensibily had the people of Rome gather together and then on the last day of the first millenium had them pray. When midnight came and went and nothing happened he assured them that although the Church certainly believes that Christ will return one day Jesus had said that no one would know the day or the hour, so they were to be always ready for Jesus, be it at the second coming or when they died. Their fears subsided, needless to say.

Personally, I don’t believe in this so-called Day of Illumination because Jesus never mentioned any such event as an integral part of his second coming. Instead, he gave the job of evangelization to the Church to go into the whole world and preach the Gospel to every creature.

No where in the Bible will anyone find any reference to any Day of Illumination. And I don’t believe St. Faustina had any such thing in mind, either. I haven’t read her writings, but I have little doubt her words have been taken out of context to be used to promote this idea. At least, it wouldn’t surprise me.

The late Holy Father, JPII, had never mentioned it, either. If he who canonized St. Faustina and promoted her writings and the devotion to the Divine Mercy never put forward this idea I can’t see how anyone should/could take it seriously.

I just read K Keatings e-letter about “Garabandal setting itself up for a Fall”. I had a really good laugh reading it. Does he usually post opinions on subjects he’s clearly ignorant of?

In it he says that Garabandal is Condemned. Nope. Never was.

He also says that one of the visionaries had a locution in which she was told that JPII would be the Pope to see the Miracle. Really? Which one, I wonder? In reality - NOPE never did. I wonder if he can give us a source on that myth.

He further goes on to say that since this is the last pope before the “end of the times” that this must mean that there will not be another Conclave. Whoa!!! Where did that come from? Sorry Mr. Keating, you’re jumping through hoops again. I have been following Garabandal quite closely for over 30 years and am quite familiar with the facts and fantasy regarding Garabandal…And whenever anyone indulges in speculation regarding prophecy, then one must be prepared to as Mr. Keating says — for a Fall.

One thing is quite true about Garabandal though. If Garabandal is true, then the death of Pope JPII is supposed to mark the end of an era, so we can expect some rather earth-changing events that will clearly be the end of the times we have been living. Now considering that we have been living in the same times as WWI, the Depression, WWII, fall of Communism, etc., then one could reasonably expect that which is alleged to happen very shortly would be a far greater change - an “end of the times”. Likely to happen before the election of the next Pope?

Anyway, we shall soon see. Very soon.

There was a woman who said the same thing recently. That our time of preparation was over and that we would see our souls as He sees it. She said that we would see all the damage we’ve caused to His Sacred Heart. I didn’t fully believe her but there was something kind of eerie about it…

By the way, what’s up with all the earthquakes? 8 or 9 in Indonesia recently and one today in Tokyo. They’ve (scientists) predicted a big one later on…

40.png
WhatMeWorry:
Garabandal is not the only place mention of the Warning comes from. St. Edward Campion,

Did you mean St. Edmund Campion (1540-81) ?​

I’ve read a fair bit about him and by him - there is a “Life” of him by Evelyn Waugh - and I’ve never heard of this.

There is an Edward Campion (1552-87) - but he has not as yet been canonised.

One difficulty with this, is that, if it is true, why are we hearing of it through private rather than public revelations ? ##
Blessed Anna Maria Taigi, and St. Faustina also foresaw it. There’s probably others that I can’t think of right now.

It’s true that this is all private revelation and you don’t have to believe it.

As far as Garabandal is concerned, it has not been approved, nor has it been specifically condemned as containing something contrary to faith, scripture, or Church teaching. The bishops have simply stated that they do not see anything of a supernatural nature. None of the things predicted there have come to pass as of yet. That means that if something should happen to prove it was true, then they would probably open an investigation. They have NOT said that there was something evil there and it should be totally disregarded, as at Bayside.

40.png
Della:
No where in the Bible will anyone find any reference to any Day of Illumination.
I’ve read the pamphlet by Fr. Bebie. It’s an interesting read. I’m not sure about the prophesy myself, but it is interesting and would welcome the opportunity - think of all the graces!!

As far as finding prophesy in the bible - a lot of prophetic things for our future can be found in the OT, not only in Revelation, and may not even be recognizable until the event happens. We shouldn’t be so sure it’s not in there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back