Deadly Sins

• Thread starter Thread starter Hudsonite
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hudsonite

Pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony,envy and sloth, . I have heard them called deadly as well as capital sins. So if it’s a deadly sin…are you in a state of mortal sin? Are these not sins that we must fight our whole life long?!!

Yes, we must fight them all our life. They are called capital sins because they are the basic disordered desires that can lead to other sins. Depending on the particular sin involved and circumstances, capital sins may be mortal or venial.

JimG

all sins are the same in gods eyes so if you have lied to your mom or you have murdered someone you are seen in the same light

all sins are forgivable
i have never been to confesion in my life but i know that god has forgiven me for all of my sins

40.png
kpnuts2k:
all sins are the same in gods eyes so if you have lied to your mom or you have murdered someone you are seen in the same light

all sins are forgivable
i have never been to confesion in my life but i know that god has forgiven me for all of my sins
Actually that is not Biblical, please show me the verses that say all sin is equal.

Also…perhaps you might want to re-read the scripture that talks about confessing our sins to someone…it’s in there!

SV

where is the bible does it say that if i dont confess my sins to a vicar that i wont live in heaven?

Wait, you haven’t answered the question asked of you–just where in the Bible does it say that all sins are equal and are seen in the same light by God?

40.png
kpnuts2k:
where is the bible does it say that if i dont confess my sins to a vicar that i wont live in heaven?
Are you following the Bible or not? Do you confess your sins to another person?

Do you think God has us preform empty rituals? Do you think we can ignore some of what God said and just do the parts we like?

SV

where in the bible does it say that i must confess to others my sins?

40.png
kpnuts2k:
where in the bible does it say that i must confess to others my sins?
James 5:16

Now where does the Bible say all sins are equal?

SV

i have just read that and i haent read james so id better do so!
but this is a 2way thing because the preat doesnt tell u his sins back
i talk to my friends what im struggkling with but my friends dont tell me to run around the school feild 10 times as a punnishment which is how i see the sotc

40.png
kpnuts2k:
i have just read that and i haent read james so id better do so!
but this is a 2way thing because the preat doesnt tell u his sins back
i talk to my friends what im struggkling with but my friends dont tell me to run around the school feild 10 times as a punnishment which is how i see the sotc
Read this dialogue:

envoymagazine.com/backissues/1.6-2.1/nutsandbolts.html

It goes pretty in depth about why we confess to a priest.

SV

Gluttony

Envy

Sloth

Now there seems to be a lot of discussion on wether these are capital sins or venial sins.

From what I could gather I believe that just a ‘feeling or infrequent action’ of these would not be considered a capital sin. It is when they oppose virtues do these become capital sins.

Cardinal Virtues: Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude, Justice
Theological Virtues: Hope, Faith, Charity

When Pride, Covetousness, Lust, Anger, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth become ‘anti-virtues’ not just the imperfections of human thoughts and feelings- I think this is when they become dangerous to our soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back