Dec. 8th Holy Day Question?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gregory24
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gregory24

I converted 3 years ago but this year I have tried to attend all the holy days of obligation. Am I correct in thinking that tommorow it is mandatory for all catholics to attend mass? Just as it is on sundays? My church is offering a vigil tonight Dec. 7th for the solemnity of the immaculate conception. If I go does that cover me? In other words is the mass tonight exactly the same as all of the ones tommorow. Because If I go tonight my wife can come w/ me if I go tommorow she can’t? I have never attended this mass does anything different go on? What can I expect

40.png
Gregory24:
Am I correct in thinking that tommorow it is mandatory for all catholics to attend mass? Just as it is on sundays?
Yes, at least in the United States.

Furthermore, just like on Sundays, you’re required to abstain from unnecessary labor. So if you have any saved up personal days or if your employer offers religious holidays, you should take tomorrow off.
40.png
Gregory24:
My church is offering a vigil tonight Dec. 7th for the solemnity of the immaculate conception. If I go does that cover me?
Yes, going to a vigil Mass tonight will meet your Mass obligation for tomorrow.

Yes, tomorrow is a holy day of obligation in the US. Attendance at the vigil Mass tonight fulfills your duty. Sometimes the Gospel is different at a vigil Mass, but generally there are no major differences…

A complete list of holy days can be found at
wf-f.org/CanonSundayHolyDay.html

Note that a few holy days can be skipped when they fall on a Saturday or Monday, but not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back