R
Randy_Carson
Guest
The following email was sent to someone from this forum who has been emailing me privately. I think the message is beneficial to all, so I am posting it here for Catholics and Protestants to read and consider.
+++
Dear xxxxx,
You seem intent upon forcing me into YOUR understanding of Catholicism.
As I have stated several times, we simply don’t believe what you think we believe. I know it must be disappointing to have the rug pulled out from under your favorite argument for “saving Catholics”.
However, you’ve been advised of the correct teaching of the Church from the Catechism, and I’ve provided some scripture verses supporting our position (which you have not responded to). At this point, I think you need to let it go.
Moreover, now that you know that Catholics understand the sacrifice of the mass to be ONE sacrifice (which is in harmony with the verses from Hebrews you keep sending), you need to discontinue this line of questioning not only with me but with ALL Catholics you ever come into contact with.
Why? If you persist in using a straw man argument that you have been shown to be false, you are no longer “speaking the TRUTH in love.” You may have a genuine desire to get me or other Catholics “saved” out of love for us (which is great – good for you), but you are not speaking the TRUTH when you continue to press the false charge of our mass being a sacrifice offered over and over as you quote from Hebrews. The mass re-presents the one sacrifice that was done once for all. God is not bound by space or time, and He chooses to be present in our Eucharist and our liturgy. I have explained this to you more than once.
Continuing to use a straw man to confuse less knowledgeable Catholics than myself and lead them out of the Church is deceitful, deceptive and disingenuous. This is not the way a godly man acts. You can’t use ungodly tactics to lead someone to God and still hear Him say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
Food for thought.
+++
Dear xxxxx,
You seem intent upon forcing me into YOUR understanding of Catholicism.
As I have stated several times, we simply don’t believe what you think we believe. I know it must be disappointing to have the rug pulled out from under your favorite argument for “saving Catholics”.
However, you’ve been advised of the correct teaching of the Church from the Catechism, and I’ve provided some scripture verses supporting our position (which you have not responded to). At this point, I think you need to let it go.
Moreover, now that you know that Catholics understand the sacrifice of the mass to be ONE sacrifice (which is in harmony with the verses from Hebrews you keep sending), you need to discontinue this line of questioning not only with me but with ALL Catholics you ever come into contact with.
Why? If you persist in using a straw man argument that you have been shown to be false, you are no longer “speaking the TRUTH in love.” You may have a genuine desire to get me or other Catholics “saved” out of love for us (which is great – good for you), but you are not speaking the TRUTH when you continue to press the false charge of our mass being a sacrifice offered over and over as you quote from Hebrews. The mass re-presents the one sacrifice that was done once for all. God is not bound by space or time, and He chooses to be present in our Eucharist and our liturgy. I have explained this to you more than once.
Continuing to use a straw man to confuse less knowledgeable Catholics than myself and lead them out of the Church is deceitful, deceptive and disingenuous. This is not the way a godly man acts. You can’t use ungodly tactics to lead someone to God and still hear Him say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
Food for thought.