Defenders of the faith

• Thread starter Thread starter 1_Maria
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Maria

I have noticed quite a few defenders of the faith on this Message board.

I’m interested in knowing your story of being called to be a defender of the faith.

I was confirmed at age eight and from that moment on I knew I would do my best to always defend our faith, knowing that meant I had to have as my personal goal…sanctity. I have high hopes of someday reaching this goal, probably after purgatory.

I believe my resolve was so very strong because I was extremely receptive to the Love of the Holy Spirit at my Confirmation, enabling His gifts to me to be always deepening and maturing in spite of many difficulties, bordering on persecutions, that continue to strengthen me in my resolve.

Maria

I guess all Catholics are called to be defenders of the faith. It’s a universal calling. The only problem is not all answer that call. But you have, and God bless you for that. Keep the faith.

John Russell Jr:
I guess all Catholics are called to be defenders of the faith. It’s a universal calling. The only problem is not all answer that call. But you have, and God bless you for that. Keep the faith.
Thanks, John…

I was thinking about this yesterday and I came to the conclusion that a great many people do defend the faith even though they may be totally unaware of doing so.

I’m thinking that many of us probably believe we have to do it with educated words, so to speak, and probably very few of us, myself included, have the education or the grace to do that.

My thought is that as we live our faith and do our best to always choose His will over our own by following the teachings of the Church, our love for God and our neighbor matures.

The Kingdom of God on Earth will then become more and more visible and many other people will recognize it as such and want to be part of it.

I’m thinking of Matthew, 6:33…

“But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.”

Maria

You have been given a gift from the Holy Spirit and have listened well. God Bless you.

Dear All

I always think that the very nature of being a Catholic calls a person to defend the faith. Defence is not always a measure taken when under attack from an opposing set of religious belief/non-belief. Defence is to live the Catholic life in Christ and this not only defends but strengthens faith in all those around us.

To be a defender of the faith is to live the faith with disregard to all adversity around you.

God Bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back