Depression prayers

• Thread starter Thread starter faithbound
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

faithbound

My wife got depression after giving birth to our first child and I thought that it might lesson after our scond child 1.5 later but 4 years later God blessed us a third time with a baby girl this past march and the depression still remains and she still has to take a presciption for it. So if any one knows of any specific prayers for depression or a novena for that matter, it would be mostly appreciated. Thankyou for your love and support. God Bless. 🙂

Well, St Dymphna is patron saint for emotional problems. You may want to ask for her intercession.
I will remember your family in my prayers.

Post partum depression needs professional treatment. Contact me privately; I know a strong Catholic woman who suffered grievously from this three times and was able to climb up out of the hole through appropriate therapy.

Dear Faithbound,
Please look in to annointing of the sick as well. My daughter suffered chronically from depression. She was treated medically and also annointed during an annointing of the sick mass. I encourage you to continue to aid her spiritually as well as medically. You may want to check out these books, The Power of a Praying
Husband * and * The Power of a Praying Woman
by Stormie Omartian.
I’m praying for your wife and those caring for her,
Deborah

40.png
jrabs:
Well, St Dymphna is patron saint for emotional problems. You may want to ask for her intercession.
There is a prayer to St. Dymphna - I have it on a holy card, but I’m sure if you look around a Catholic bookstore or on the 'net you can find it (if I locate mine I’ll try & post it). In the meantime, asking for her intercession is a great idea. I’ve also run across a few Catholic books on the subject, but I can’t remember them offhand - sorry! There are indeed Catholic resources out there if you look for them.

Having suffered from chronic depression all my life, I can sympathize with your wife’s problem. People generally don’t understand how devastating depression can be. That’s why I can’t stress enough that she seek professional help, which might be a combination of therapy and medication, and stick with it. Of course prayer is powerful, but God revealed knowledge to the medical profession for a reason too. Don’t be afraid to seek out professional help, and do it as soon as possible. God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back