Devotion to Mary?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

When someone asks me if I have devotion to Mary what do they mean? The Rosary? If I say one decade does that count as saying the Rosary, in order to have devotion to it must I say it everyday?
If so how much, one decade, 5, all 20? :confused:

Dave it is amazing how One decade of the rosary can change your life forever. I was going through a very tough time with a co-worker and our Priest was telling me to pray for that person. I hated the thought. However, I found my self praying one decade of the rosary daily. Eventually I felt that my co-worker was changing only to see it was me. That one decade has lead to quite a spiritual awakening in my life. I have questions over a devotion to the Scared Heart. I am knew at the devotions but but starting with one decade is a good source of devotion. There are devotions to Our Lady of Fatima, and Lourdes an more I am sure. See where the one decade will lead you.
GOD BLESS YOU!

40.png
dizzy_dave:
When someone asks me if I have devotion to Mary what do they mean?
It means if you cultivate your filial spiritual relationship with Our Lady. Do you spend time with her, praying for her intercessions or just talking to her?

I end up being devote to all saints whose biographies I read, one thing I’m adicted to, so I’m devote to a handful of saints who I feel close to and try to spend time with in prayer.

:blessyou:

are you devoted to your own mother? what does that mean to you?

Hi Dave,

Devotion to Our Lady means obeying God’s will as expressed in her Magnificat (Luke ch. 1, v. 46-55) : “All generations shall call me blessed.” The Rosary, in whatever length you can, is a common and very laudable practice. Having a picture of her can help you pray to her.

Verbum

Hi Dave,

Everything that the has been said show devotion but there are also certain daily prayers that one can do that are also called devotions, I have a book called My Mary Book that has some sections that are devoted to those who are willing to do some sprititual devotions to Our Lady, they are wonderful.

Can I have devotion to more than one Saint at a time? (Mary and St. Joseph).

40.png
dizzy_dave:
Can I have devotion to more than one Saint at a time? (Mary and St. Joseph).
Of course you can, the mor friends in high places, the better! 😃

Now, seriously, you can. Your examples, Mary and Joseph, are very good. Devotion to the Sacred Family, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, is another popular devotion.

I myself am devoted to them and to saints whose biographies and writings I read. I feel close to them and thus feel more comfortable asking for their prayers.

As St. Therese said, saints in Heaven love us as though we were their children.

:blessyou:

Dizzy Dave you sure can have more then one devotion. I started with the rosary which lead me to St. Therese, The Sacred Heart where I am still learing about. A devotion to St. Francis of Assisi. I believe that through the inspirational readings of the Saints I have been brought closer to our Lord and Savior, by the saints examples.

I initially began praying the Rosary to help my marriage. That was last summer about the same time I decided to wear the Scapular.

I pray the Rosay as often as I can. I’m not quite at everyday. But my whole prayer life is richer and fuller. My devotion to Mary is huge.

Mary loves you becusae throught the Rosary you honor her Son. Keep it up. She will help to guide you closer to her Son.

God Bless,
Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back