Devotion to Saints

• Thread starter Thread starter Augustine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Augustine

What sex do most of the saints to whom you are devoted belong to, the same as yours or the opposite?

Among those who I evoke daily, 9 out of 13 are women.

:blessyou:

Most commonly (besides Mary), I would pray to St. Michael, St. Peter, St. Benedict, St. Jude, and St. John the Baptist. All fellas, same as me.

St Pio, St Francis, St Anthony, St Jude, John Paul II, Ven Solanus Casey (6 males) Blessed Mother, St Anne, and St Faustina (3 females). These are the Saints I have the greatest devotion to.

I’ve read that some of the saints had attitude. That they were cranky at times, not always saint-like. Is there a book that describes that side of sainthood? It’s easy to find info on all the good and wondrous things that they did.

wacky&wonderful:
I’ve read that some of the saints had attitude. That they were cranky at times, not always saint-like. Is there a book that describes that side of sainthood? It’s easy to find info on all the good and wondrous things that they did.
that’s why I love St.Jerome

I find that as a woman I tend to identify with women much more. That’s really part of what drew me to the Catholic Church that was missing from Protestant churches, the saints and the Blessed Virgin. It is so wonderful to have her as my mother and as such a wonderful example of what a woman should be.

Amie

Our Blessed Mother Mary, St Pio and St Jude are the ones I invoke but of course I read the writings of many saints.

Well I am a woman, but most of the Saints whom I honour are of the opposite gender. The only one in my list who is not, is our Mother Mary. Though I am a woman, I feel more drawn towards male Saints because I find in them such fatherly love which my circumstnaces have not allowed me to receive. However, I find all sorts of Fatherly qualities in the most wonderful men God brings to my life whether it is a Saint, Priest, professor, teacher, or friend.
-Alison

As a male convert from protestantism, I have to admit I joined the Catholic Church in order to meet women. They just turned out to be canonized and beatified women, is all!

My life is daily impacted by:
Mary Immaculate
Teresa of Avila
Therese of Lisieux;

and influenced also by:
Elizabeth of the Trinity
Edith Stein
Bernadette
Clare
Kateri Tekakwitha
Mary Magdalene
Catherine of Siena