Devotion to the Rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

system

I just wanted to see how many people that pray the rosary daily wear the rosary around their necks.

I carry my rosary in my pocket, and pray it whenever I remember, not daily - maybe a couple times a week.

I carry mine with me EVERYWHERE as well, and I have one on my desk at work.

I carry mine in my pocket almost everywhere, and I pray it daily.

Got a new rosary the other day… the “center” is Benedict XVI on one side, his papal crest on the other. Each of the Our Fathers is a St Benedict medal. And the cross is a St Benedict Cross.

But I don’t “wear” it. I don’t encourage wearing it either because (to me anyway) it makes it a piece of jewelry.

I think its people like Madonna, Usher and Avril Lavigne that wear rosaries. I dont think they pray them.

When I wear my rosary, I don’t wear it so it can be seen. I wear it under my shirt. So it is nearby and also since it is blessed, it is a comfort to me. I also wear a crucifix and a saint medal that are seen. And sometimes they get tangled.

I can’t think of a good reason to wear the rosary around my neck, certainly awkward to pray with it that way, and quite uncomfortable. I was taught it is for prayer, not ornamentation, although I understand it is considered a pious act in some cultures to wear it. Since Our Lady gave us the scapular to wear around our neck, wearing the rosary also is multiplication of the symbol and sign, something that is frowned upon. (That is why churches are now only supposed to have one statue of Our Lady, not several). What I wear is the Benedictine Cross, the sign of my commitment as an Oblate made in these words of Paul: I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.

Well, I don’t wear mine around my neck, but I do carry it in my pocket at all times.

Come on, give the protestant (future convert) some slack! 😉

**I wear the Rosary all the time around my neck and don’t hide it. I use it to express my Catholic faith. Too many Catholics suppress their faith in public. I can’t do that. I also pray it on occassions, though I should try to pray it more often, I haven’t prayed it in months.😦 **

Roman_Army said:
**I wear the Rosary all the time around my neck and don’t hide it. I use it to express my Catholic faith. Too many Catholics suppress their faith in public. I can’t do that. I also pray it on occassions, though I should try to pray it more often, I haven’t prayed it in months.😦 **

Wearing a rosary is not as important as praying with it is it. Don’t wear it. Carry it and wear a crucifix instead as a sign of the faith.

vicia3:
I just wanted to see how many people that pray the rosary daily wear the rosary around their necks.
I drive 25 minutes to work every morning. I keep a rosary in the cup-holder in my car. Whenever I see someone on a cell phone, I think “Well, my call is really long-distance … or maybe it isn’t.”
  • Liberian

I have the rosary on CD and I pray it out loud in my car to and from work. While I don’t use the beads when I do this, I have them in my purse at all times and try to pray with them at lunch. I find the CD, with its introductions to each mystery has really helped me focus on each one more deeply. 😉

I didn’t know is was customary to wear a rosary on one’s neck, I have a rosary bracelet, but I usually carry my rosary in my purse. I try to pray it every day but don’t always make it.

40.png
Peace-bwu:
I didn’t know is was customary to wear a rosary on one’s neck, I have a rosary bracelet, but I usually carry my rosary in my purse. I try to pray it every day but don’t always make it.
It is not customary. That is why I am trying to find out how many people do this. Thank you for all of your responses so far. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back