• Thread starter Thread starter Hermione
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hermione

I have a Catholic prayer book that states the folllowing:

"The Promises of the Sacred Heart

In various appearances to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Jesus manifested His great love for human beings and made the following promises to those who give particular honor to His Sacred Heart.
  1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
  2. I will establish peace in their homes.
  3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
  4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death.
  5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
  6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
  7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
  8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
  9. I will bless every place in which an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
  10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
  11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced…
    12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment."
(Source: Catholic Book of Prayers Edited by Rev. Maurus Fitzgerald, O.F.M.)

Are any of you familiar with this?

If so, could you please explain what point 12 means? What is “the grace of final penitence”?

Thank you 🙂

P.S. I prayed to St. Rita and St. Jude and I think they helped me to make an act of perfect contrition!

The grace of final penitence is your last confession on earth before you receive your last Holy Communion (Viaticum – food for the journey).

40.png
Hermione:
I have a Catholic prayer book that states the folllowing:

"The Promises of the Sacred Heart

12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment."

(Source: Catholic Book of Prayers Edited by Rev. Maurus Fitzgerald, O.F.M.)

Are any of you familiar with this?

If so, could you please explain what point 12 means? What is “the grace of final penitence”?
Very familiar. Read** “Amazing Grace for the Catholic Heart!”** by: Ascension Press. “The Badge of Courage” story.That about say’s it all. ❤️ 😉

Amazing Grace for the Catholic Heart

Hello Hermione,

Are you considering this devotion? I highly recommend it, along with the Divine Mercy! If you focus on the Heart and Mercy of Christ you will be amazed at the changes that occur in you.

ybiC,
Trevor

40.png
trevor:
Hello Hermione,

Are you considering this devotion? I highly recommend it, along with the Divine Mercy! If you focus on the Heart and Mercy of Christ you will be amazed at the changes that occur in you.

ybiC,
Trevor
I have gotta agree with my friend, Trevor. This bears much good fruit and will give you great peace. I also like the 5 first Sat Devotions to the Immactulate Heart Of Mary.

And that is awesome about your perfect Act of Contrition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back