Devout Catholic men who spend a lot of time in the Real Presence. Could you please answer these questions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter distracted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the beatup on Opus Dei comes from popular media (and the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown!), who, let’s face it, lack credibility and love beating up the Church. I don’t recall any claims of unorthodoxy or the like from within the Church itself, unless someone else can shed light on this.

So yes I agree, I would recommend getting involved in one of the lay charisms of the Church (there are many… find out which ones are active in your diocese). It sounds like you have quite a profound spiritual life which is a huge blessing. But to come to terms with your situation and discern your vocation I can’t stress enough how helpful it is to be involved in a community of christians that is a little more intimate than the wider parish - which can often be quite transient and difficult to connect with.

The friendships you make can help to reflect your own situation and in turn confirm your own vocation. You’re are also more likely to find others on similar journeys to yourself, both men and women.

God bless.
thank you for all this…

i have been thinking of getting more involved with people who are like me (which seems to be no one… :eek: :hmmm: :coffeeread: ) but i guess i suffer from “depression” or whatever u call it, more than i thought because i just can’t usually get out of my comfort zone… which isn’t even very “comfortable”… but in any case, i do have limitations on what all i can do/not do … so … well, to be honest, it really is more to do with depression than anything else…

I hate the word depression because it (like most words…) doesn’t tell the exact “story”… I feel i am probably more “disturbed” than depressed… and now that i think about it, i know this disturbed-ness is mostly just the resultant side-effect… of living in a non-Catholic, un-Christian world… where even Christians don’t act like Christians seemingly 80% of the time… 😦 Anyway… where was I??

Oh…yeah… i was in the process of making excuses 😃 as to why i don’t get out more & mingle with like-minded people…

One thing is: I’ve (subconsciously) despaired of such a thing…

but in any case… I will try to overcome my excuses… or whatever u call them…

You know… I have to be honest… i just don’t want to be around people… I like spending time with Jesus… whether in the Church or through the rosary… but anyway… I will consider your advice…

God bless… 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top