V
vonRatzinger
Guest
Anyone else seen Poulenc’s masterpiece and want to discuss? I just watched it over the weekend.
I know that Sister Blanche was the heroine, but I thought that Sister Constance stole the show, especially with the incredible performance that the actress gave in the version I watched. I love the scenes that he wrote for the two novices, especially the scene when they’re doing laundry and when they’re gathering flowers. The dialogue back and forth was great, and Sr. Constance had some great lines (my attempt to remember the translated versions):
“Do you think chance is really just the logic of God?”
“When I was younger life was so much fun and I thought death would probably be fun too.”
I love the scene where they’re in prison and they’re condemned to death. And then that final scene where they’re all heading to the guillotine and singing that latin prayer (it was late at night when I finished it, and I can’t remember which prayer it was off the top of my head).
I know that Sister Blanche was the heroine, but I thought that Sister Constance stole the show, especially with the incredible performance that the actress gave in the version I watched. I love the scenes that he wrote for the two novices, especially the scene when they’re doing laundry and when they’re gathering flowers. The dialogue back and forth was great, and Sr. Constance had some great lines (my attempt to remember the translated versions):
“Do you think chance is really just the logic of God?”
“When I was younger life was so much fun and I thought death would probably be fun too.”
I love the scene where they’re in prison and they’re condemned to death. And then that final scene where they’re all heading to the guillotine and singing that latin prayer (it was late at night when I finished it, and I can’t remember which prayer it was off the top of my head).