Did I commit the sin of pride?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anthony3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anthony3

Hello,

Today, my brother came to me and acted like he know how to solve my computer problem. Then I said to him, “I own this computer and I know the situation”. It then turns out that I was right.

However, I felt guilty of the sin of pride because of saying this. But I’m not really sure about it yet.

I know I’m quite scrupulous so please tell me if I had sinned or not so I can ease my stress out or I can improve myself if I really sinned.

Please help

Last edited:
You are scrupulous, so you need to contact your Priest (see if you can email or phone) and ask him for his guidance. CAF can’t help you with scruples, I’m sorry.

I don’t think you committed a sin but you should define try to find help (offline) for your scrupulosity.

Talk to your Priest. We here are not qualified to give you the help you need.

I know I’m quite scrupulous so please tell me if I had sinned or not so I can ease my stress out or I can improve myself if I really sinned.
@Anthony3 CAF cannot help you. Contact your Parish Priest and see a therapist.
40.png
Bad luck . broken mirror Catholic Living
We are sincerely sorry to hear of your struggles. However, the CA Forums are unfortunately not set up to provide intensive spiritual counseling. Our best advice is for you to seek out a good priest on the local level who knows you or can get to know you because he’ll be treating you in the most fruitful counseling environment: a three-dimensional one. You may also wish to consider getting other support on the local level from a licensed counselor who is respectful of your Catholic Faith. Regard…

Don’t worry about it. Just try to develop anti-pride habits like gratitude and charity. For example, in such a situation, you could say, “Thanks, brother, but first I want to try to fix it myself.”

Last edited:
All of us have to deal with concupiscence throughout our whole lives-and pride is at the top of that three-fold list. Whether or not you were being prideful, just know that pride is always lurking, and meaning to influence or motivate our actions-we like self-glorification. So we must struggle and deal with it and strive for humility in everything we do. It’s not as if we can snap our fingers and be released from this burden, from these “disordered desires” as the Church teaches. We’re on a “journey to perfection”, as she also teaches. None of us get to arrive before our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back