Did I do the right thing?

• Thread starter Thread starter DBT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DBT

Last night I made a drop by visit to a neighboring parish that has Perpetual Adoration. The person who was in the chapel left shortly after I arrived . . . and no one else came. After about a half hour I had to leave to pick up my son.

The Blessed Sacrament was exposed in a glass case with a linen cloth folded back and covering the back part of the case. When I left, I covered the case with the entire cloth.

OK? Got my fingers crossed on this one!

Ah you poor thing… what a choice! But I would have done the same thing. As a parent, you were the one responsible for you son. You are human and cannot be at two places at once. Making sure the Blessed Sacrament was safe in a neighboring parish was somebody else’s responsibility. After all, you did not sign up for that time slot. I would phone the rectory and talk to them what happened. The person who left may have thought it was your turn. What we have in our parish is we sign in at the door when we arrive to stay for an hour or half an hour. So the person finishing his/her shift will know, we did not just wonder in, we are in fact there to stay until someone else signs in.

I also make drop by visits at another parish with Pepetual Adoration. This same thing happened there a couple of times . . . but I’ve always been able to wait until someone else comes. They also have assigned leaders you can call if you get stranded. They are more or less on call for this kind of situation.

In this case I’m hoping the linen covering was put there for this very reason. I know we aren’t to leave Our Lord alone but covering the Monstrance seemed the right thing to do.

As was said, you can’t be in two places at the same time.

For you to cover the Blessed Sacrament with that linen material was not only thoughtful but was respectful and a Catholic thing to do.

Bless Your Heart.

Dear friend

Please don’t worry about this, you did do the right thing. If you had not gone, no-one would have been there to show our Lord such a kindness as you did by loving Him, spending time in a holy hour with Him and by covering Him to protect Him as you did. Thank God you were there! You remind me of St Veronica who wiped the face of our Lord with a towel, you did our Lord a beautiful kindness.

It is in this small act you did that you showed our Lord great love.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back