L
Lui
Guest
Ok, I have to explain this thread.
A while back there was a thread called “occult influences”: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=250385
One member wrote this to another member:
Then Easter came along. I first went to Mass on Holy Thursday which went from about 9 p.m. to midnight. The next morning I went to Mass on Good Friday.
I decided to go to Mass on Saturday, Sunday and Monday too.
I didn’t think about what the priest had told me a while ago but around Sunday I started feeling uneasy. The following week I felt a bit down and went to Mass again on the following Thursday(one week ago).
When last Sunday came around I felt really depressed all day. I dragged myself to Mass at 6 p.m. and was really depressed. After Mass the depression was gone and I felt refreshed but Monday I was really down and from then on I was really feeling unusually uneven.
I blamed it on the weather or on something I might have eaten but today it was extreme. I had short flashes of depression that I’ve never experienced. I got a taste of what depression must be like and it wasn’t nice.
Before Easter I was totally fine. I had my up and downs that everyone experiences but that was it. I have to admit that these feelings I got ever since Easter kind of scare me.
I’m also concerned that the more I go to Mass the extremer it might get.
What do you think? Am I reading too much into this? Is it possible that this is only my imagination?
I was thinking of talking to my priest too but I would be curious if my experience might be common.
Thanks for any advice on what I should do.
A while back there was a thread called “occult influences”: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=250385
One member wrote this to another member:
What is happening to you is very real. You are under attack. You must call upon St Michael every day. You must go to confession. Have the priest lay his hands on your head and bless you. Get a bottle of holy water and bless every room of your house. Actually, it is a good idea to ask the priest to come and bless your house. If you can get EWTN, leave the tv on that station all day, and pray along with the sisters.
My reply was this(which also explains more about me) on August 31, 2008:You have your baby to think about. Have you baptized your baby? You need to rid your home of all those evil influences.
A couple of months later I wrote this on December 18th, 2008:Actually I experienced what the OP described when I was about to get holy water. I was baptized but never received my first Holy Communion. I wasn’t raised Catholic although both my parents are Catholic. Well, my father is actually an atheist who is almost obsessed with mocking faith.
With that upbringing I never dealt with religious issues but have become religious over the last several years.
This year I decided to receive the Holy Communion as an adult. About 3 months ago I wanted to get holy water from a church. I got on the bus that goes to the church and suddenly experienced that same sort of headache the OP described. It was mixed with a feeling of anxiety even though wasn’t thinking about me being on my way to get holy water. I also didn’t expect that this could happen. It almost made me get off the bus.
When I first went to talk to a Priest about receiving communion shortly after, the Priest advised me to go to Mass. I asked him if I should go everyday. He said it’s better to keep it to once a week because if I overdo it I might experience some things happening that come from the enemy. At that moment I remembered the holy water episode and told him the story. He didn’t think I was crazy at all. He actually thought it was common.
After that I did experience other things. What surprises me now is that the OP also had almost the same symptoms.
Anyway, after that everything went quite smoothly with the usual up and downs in life. I stuck to going to Mass on Sundays, occasionally went to Church during the week to pray and didn’t “overdo” it.Strange that this thread has been revived today. I posted my previous post(the one I just quoted above) almost 4 months ago, mentioning that I would be confirmed soon.
I was doing really well these past months. I was confirmed last Friday and oddly ever since then I have been feeling a bit tense, high strung and aggressive. I really noticed it the day after I have been confirmed which surprised me because I expected to feel joyful and happy.
Does anyone think there might be a connection?
Then Easter came along. I first went to Mass on Holy Thursday which went from about 9 p.m. to midnight. The next morning I went to Mass on Good Friday.
I decided to go to Mass on Saturday, Sunday and Monday too.
I didn’t think about what the priest had told me a while ago but around Sunday I started feeling uneasy. The following week I felt a bit down and went to Mass again on the following Thursday(one week ago).
When last Sunday came around I felt really depressed all day. I dragged myself to Mass at 6 p.m. and was really depressed. After Mass the depression was gone and I felt refreshed but Monday I was really down and from then on I was really feeling unusually uneven.
I blamed it on the weather or on something I might have eaten but today it was extreme. I had short flashes of depression that I’ve never experienced. I got a taste of what depression must be like and it wasn’t nice.
Before Easter I was totally fine. I had my up and downs that everyone experiences but that was it. I have to admit that these feelings I got ever since Easter kind of scare me.
I’m also concerned that the more I go to Mass the extremer it might get.
What do you think? Am I reading too much into this? Is it possible that this is only my imagination?
I was thinking of talking to my priest too but I would be curious if my experience might be common.
Thanks for any advice on what I should do.