Did Mary possess the preternatural gifts?

• Thread starter Thread starter TheMike0012
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheMike0012

There’s no indication of it from the Bible, but, because she was free from sin, it seems like a logical conclusion. I’m not sure if there may be something I’m missing.

There’s no indication of it from the Bible, but, because she was free from sin, it seems like a logical conclusion. I’m not sure if there may be something I’m missing.
The preternatural gifts are infused knowledge, absence of concupiscence, and bodily immortality. The general teaching of the Church is that concupiscence remains in the baptized. Also, the general teaching is that the Virgin Mary died bodily before the Assumption, but this it not a required belief. The Virgin Mary was preserved free from the stain of original sin, which means she had from her conception the state of sanctifying grace. Anyone with that state can remain free from mortal sin the entire life, with cooperation, however it is said that the Virgin Mary committed no venial sins.

48.png
TheMike0012:
The preternatural gifts are infused knowledge, absence of concupiscence, and bodily immortality. The general teaching of the Church is that concupiscence remains in the baptized. Also, the general teaching is that the Virgin Mary died bodily before the Assumption, but this it not a required belief. The Virgin Mary was preserved free from the stain of original sin, which means she had from her conception the state of sanctifying grace. Anyone with that state can remain free from mortal sin the entire life, with cooperation, however it is said that the Virgin Mary committed no venial sins.
Right. So, what there’s no indication of is “infused knowledge”. So, we would say that, whereas Adam and Eve had ‘preternatural gifts’, Mary was ‘immaculately conceived’ and ‘free of sin’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back