Did St. Padre Pio say this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter erik_none
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erik_none

Guest
Is there any credibility to St. Padre Pio saying this, “The Jews are enemies of God and foes of our holy religion,”? I know he was surrounded by controversy throughout his life, but that seems a bit much. Is there a sub meaning I’m not seeing? I’m doing research on him and want to look to him as a spiritual teacher…
 
Is there any credibility to St. Padre Pio saying this, “The Jews are enemies of God and foes of our holy religion,”? I know he was surrounded by controversy throughout his life, but that seems a bit much. Is there a sub meaning I’m not seeing? I’m doing research on him and want to look to him as a spiritual teacher…
I do not know a lot about Padre Pio, but from the little bit I have read I have not read that he said any such thing. Where did you find that quote that is supposedly attributed to him? Or did someone tell you he said it. He is an interesting person to research I know.
 
I do not know a lot about Padre Pio, but from the little bit I have read I have not read that he said any such thing. Where did you find that quote that is supposedly attributed to him? Or did someone tell you he said it. He is an interesting person to research I know.
I think I’ve read all the books about him. Never seen anything like that.
Who said that he did?
 
I was watching a video about his incorruptible body and someone had posted it in the comments section. I looked it up repeatedly and only found an anti semite website with it and a few others. But nothing that seemed credible.
 
Is there any credibility to St. Padre Pio saying this, “The Jews are enemies of God and foes of our holy religion,”? I know he was surrounded by controversy throughout his life, but that seems a bit much. Is there a sub meaning I’m not seeing? I’m doing research on him and want to look to him as a spiritual teacher…
I can’t find this on any credible websites, However, the quote doesn’t contain anything technically wrong. If he is talking about Jews who practice Judaism today, he would be right since there is only one true church and any one else would be therefore an enemy. If people try to persuade people to not to join the true faith but another, he would be an enemy of our religion.
 
Obviously St Padre Pio does not get attached to everything!! Obviously.

There are many people on here asking questions which are only properly answered by a good spiritual director, and from many of the answers I see here, only a few represent good spiritual advice. St Padre Pio gave written advice to many people asking questions, and it seems to me that the questioners on here would be better served by researching his letters and advice that he gave during his lifetime, rather than asking whoever on the internet. (the blind leading the blind at times).

If anyone finds another saint who gave good direction and can find relevant quotes, or tell them where to go - please do! to assist the helpless questioners on here who are fumbling with their doubts. If the questioners are sincere, they should be happy to have such information. 🤷
 
I can’t find this on any credible websites, However, the quote doesn’t contain anything technically wrong. If he is talking about Jews who practice Judaism today, he would be right since there is only one true church and any one else would be therefore an enemy. If people try to persuade people to not to join the true faith but another, he would be an enemy of our religion.
Agreed. A simple Google search brought up all kinds of questionable sites, and none of them attributed it to Padre Pio in the first place.
 
I can’t find this on any credible websites, However, the quote doesn’t contain anything technically wrong. If he is talking about Jews who practice Judaism today, he would be right since there is only one true church and any one else would be therefore an enemy. If people try to persuade people to not to join the true faith but another, he would be an enemy of our religion.
Uh, no. The quote is absolutely wrong. The Jews are not “enemies of God” or “foes of our holy religion.”
 
Uh, no. The quote is absolutely wrong. The Jews are not “enemies of God” or “foes of our holy religion.”
I didn’t think so either. That might be ISIS, but not the Jews or Judaism.
 
Jews who practice their religion with faith, are neither enemies of the Catholic Faith, nor following a false religion.

They lack the revelation of Jesus Christ in their faith, but why that is the case we have no idea.

Over the centuries anti-antisemitism from Catholics, has had an effect on both Jews and non-Catholics who see the things like what is posted in this thread, that they run far and fast from Christianity.

We do a poor job bringing Christ to the world.

Pope Frances is showing us how to do it so that Christ is seen as something hopeful, rather than condemning.

Jim
 
Jews who practice their religion with faith, are neither enemies of the Catholic Faith, nor following a false religion.

They lack the revelation of Jesus Christ in their faith, but why that is the case we have no idea.

Over the centuries anti-antisemitism from Catholics, has had an effect on both Jews and non-Catholics who see the things like what is posted in this thread, that they run far and fast from Christianity.

We do a poor job bringing Christ to the world.

Pope Frances is showing us how to do it so that Christ is seen as something hopeful, rather than condemning.

Jim
👍
 
Jews who practice their religion with faith, are neither enemies of the Catholic Faith, nor following a false religion.

They lack the revelation of Jesus Christ in their faith, but why that is the case we have no idea.

Over the centuries anti-antisemitism from Catholics, has had an effect on both Jews and non-Catholics who see the things like what is posted in this thread, that they run far and fast from Christianity.

We do a poor job bringing Christ to the world.

Pope Frances is showing us how to do it so that Christ is seen as something hopeful, rather than condemning.

Jim
👍 good post.
 
Jews who practice their religion with faith, are neither enemies of the Catholic Faith, nor following a false religion.

They lack the revelation of Jesus Christ in their faith, but why that is the case we have no idea.

Over the centuries anti-antisemitism from Catholics, has had an effect on both Jews and non-Catholics who see the things like what is posted in this thread, that they run far and fast from Christianity.

We do a poor job bringing Christ to the world.

Pope Frances is showing us how to do it so that Christ is seen as something hopeful, rather than condemning.

We do a poor job being Christ into this world? Is that why were able to convert over a billion of the earth’s population? I am constantly hearing about stories about successful conversions.

If Pope Francis is doing a better job bring Christ into the world, then we should see the effect in a couple of years. I don’t think it will be a good one. Plus I am constantly hearing about the current crisis in the Church about how less Catholics go to mass or support the Church’s teachings. I don’t hear anything about how Pope Francis is making it better, even if he is trying his best.

There have been many saints in the past who probably have made what you would say bad comments about the Jews. Yet they have converted more people to Christ and they are saints.
 
We do a poor job being Christ into this world? Is that why were able to convert over a billion of the earth’s population? I am constantly hearing about stories about successful conversions.

.
We didn’t convert 1 billion, we have over 1 billion Catholics because everyone who was Baptized when they were infants are counted in the number of Catholics. How many of those follow Jesus Christ ?

If we count the number of devote Catholics, that number drops so quickly.

How we bring the message of the Good News of Jesus Christ to the world means a lot in how many people will even bother listening.

“In your face religion” is hardly the way to do it.

Jim
 
Not necessarily. The race of Jews aren’t enemies of God, but people who still practice Judaism who have known about the true faith of the Catholic Church are enemies, just like any other false religion.
This is completely untrue and contrary to the Church’s teachings.
 
Thank you for your fine posts, Jim and TMC. 🙂

Sometimes I have to take a break from what I read here, due to what I see posted, at times. :sad_yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top