Difference of souls

• Thread starter Thread starter MatthewGerardJohn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MatthewGerardJohn

I was going to ask if souls are as different as bodies are, but I think I answered it as I was typing it. Since God makes everyone unique, no one in any way is a carbon copy of another one, as no one is alike. If our bodies are different, it makes sense to think that our souls are too. I would think this logic applies to each persons spirit as well.

I was going to ask if souls are as different as bodies are, but I think I answered it as I was typing it. Since God makes everyone unique, no one in any way is a carbon copy of another one, as no one is alike. If our bodies are different, it makes sense to think that our souls are too. I would think this logic applies to each persons spirit as well.
Biological restrictions aside we have no way of knowing.

I was going to ask if souls are as different as bodies are, but I think I answered it as I was typing it. Since God makes everyone unique, no one in any way is a carbon copy of another one, as no one is alike. If our bodies are different, it makes sense to think that our souls are too.
Human souls are distinct from each other, but they are all of the form “human soul”.

You could say the same about our bodies, yet we are not physically the same.

You could say the same about our bodies, yet we are not physically the same.
Except that bodies are physically different from one another. A soul is a soul is a soul, though, no?

Bodies are bodies, yet are not the same.

Given that the Holy Church teaches that angels, who have no bodies, are diverse beings, it stands to reason that human souls are likewise unique.

ICXCNIKA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back