Discouraged Today

• Thread starter Thread starter jrabs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrabs

I know you prayer warriors can help me out. I am very discouraged today about many things - prayer, being a single parent, finding faithful Catholic companionship and such.
I know this is not typically how I feel so I think I am under spiritual warfare.

God is great and has an awesome plan…
God is great and has an awesome plan…
But I sure would appreciate some prayers.

Thanks

Jrabs, I know what you’re saying.
My favorite psalm of grace to you:
Psalm 106
Confitemini Domino. All are invited to give thanks to God for his perpetual providence over men. Alleluia.
1 Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 2 Let them say so that have been redeemed by the Lord, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy: and gathered out of the countries. 3 From the rising and the setting of the sun, from the north and from the sea. 4 They wandered in a wilderness, in a place without water: they found not the way of a city for their habitation. 5 They were hungry and thirsty: their soul fainted in them.
6 And they cried to the Lord in their tribulation: and he delivered them out of their distresses. 7 And he led them into the right way: that they might go to a city of habitation. 8 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men. 9 For he hath satisfied the empty soul, and hath filled the hungry soul with good things. 10 Such as sat in darkness and in the shadow of death: bound in want and in iron.
11 Because they had exasperated the words of God: and provoked the counsel of the most High: 12 And their heart was humbled with labours: they were weakened, and their was none to help them. 13 Then they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses. 14 And he brought them out of darkness, and the shadow of death; and broke their bonds in sunder. 15 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men.
16 Because he hath broken gates of brass, and burst the iron bars. 17 He took them out of the way of their iniquity: for they were brought low for their injustices. 18 Their soul abhorred all manner of meat: and they drew nigh even to the gates of death. 19 And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses. 20 He sent his word, and healed them: and delivered them from their destructions.
21 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men. 22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifice of praise: and declare his works with joy. 23 They that go down to the sea in ships, doing business in the great waters: 24 These have seen the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. 25 He said the word, and there arose a storm of wind: and the waves thereof were lifted up.
26 They mount up to the heavens, and they go down to the depths: their soul pined away with evils. 27 They were troubled, and reeled like a drunken man; and all their wisdom was swallowed up. 28 And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he brought them out of their distresses. 29 And he turned the storm into a breeze: and its waves were still. 30 And they rejoiced because they were still: and he brought them to the haven which they wished for.
31 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men. 32 And let them exalt him in the church of the people: and praise him in the chair of the ancients. 33 He hath turned rivers into a wilderness: and the sources of water into dry ground: 34 A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein. 35 He hath turned a wilderness into pools of water, and a dry land into water springs.
36 And hath placed there the hungry; and they made a city for their habitation. 37 And they sowed fields, and planted vineyards: and they yielded fruit of birth. 38 And he blessed them, and they were multiplied exceedingly: and their cattle he suffered not to decrease. 39 Then they were brought to be few: and they were afflicted through the trouble of evils and sorrow. 40 Contempt was poured forth upon their princes: and he caused them to wander where there was no passing, and out of the way.
41 And he helped the poor out of poverty: and made him families like a flock of sheep. 42 The just shall see, and shall rejoice, and all iniquity shall stop their mouth. 43 Who is wise, and will keep these things: and will understand the mercies of the Lord?

Tantum ergo:
Jrabs, I know what you’re saying.
My favorite psalm of grace to you:
Thanks Tantum. I am just weepy and just wonder why why why today. So I’ll sit at Adoration tonight and seek consolation. Tomorrow will be a better day. 🙂

Dearest Jrabs

I’m so sorry friend that you are being harrassed like this, discouragement is as you say part of the spiritual battle we face soooooo often either in a small fight or a full on battle. Today is full on battle for you.

I’ll say the St Michael the Archangel prayer for you and maybe you’d like to pray it as well.

I think we often all feel like we are defeated in all things, work , home, our journey in faith etc etc, satan loves to make us feel defeated and hopeless. You are not defeated friend, you are a victorious person because you live in Christ Jesus who is your Victory and boy does satan know that!

I remember sometime back you consecrated yourself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and your home and family also, I did this myself as well some time back and when I am tired from spiritual warfare and battle scarred and feeling weak and exhausted, I ask the Lord to hide me in His Sacred Heart and let me have refuge from satan and the world there, it always brings peace and a renewal in strength and courage.

This will pass friend as all things are passing, only God is Eternal. Just hold onto Jesus until it does pass, He goes with you through every trial you face. You are never alone, He is always with you. God allows these battles to strengthen faith and for us to learn many lessons in Christ Jesus, ask Him what He is teaching you.

Love to you dear friend

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
I remember sometime back you consecrated yourself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and your home and family also, I did this myself as well some time back and when I am tired from spiritual warfare and battle scarred and feeling weak and exhausted, I ask the Lord to hide me in His Sacred Heart and let me have refuge from satan and the world there, it always brings peace and a renewal in strength and courage.
You have a great memory. Thanks so much for those great thoughts. I will do that!

I have been discouraged for quite some time myself.
Still looking for work and able to find a job that suits my disability.
Single, just turned 44 and not married, it get’s kind of lonely.
Pray life seems VERY dry.
Thoughts have been attacking me about my past sins and temptations abound.

ONE thing for sure: the CA Family will help you/us AND You are Never the only one going through the same thing AND YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.

WHo said it was easy to follow Christ!

Lord, have mercy on Us all!
Edwin

40.png
jrabs:
You have a great memory. Thanks so much for those great thoughts. I will do that!
You’re more than welcome dear friend, yes I do have a good memory, I never forget anything and even remember conversations from years back in detail, scary eh? Sometimes that’s a curse, my head is full of trivia and junk most of the time, stuff no-one wants or needs to remember 😃

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
You’re more than welcome dear friend, yes I do have a good memory, I never forget anything and even remember conversations from years back in detail, scary eh? Sometimes that’s a curse, my head is full of trivia and junk most of the time, stuff no-one wants or needs to remember 😃

Teresa
I am exactly the same way with my memory- like everything, it can be both a blessing and a curse.

You have many friends on the forum, jrabs and we care **ALOT **about you. I will be keeping you in my prayers and hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

If you don’t feel better soon, please let us know. I will put a prayer card in for you at my Church at Perpetual Adoration and there will be 168 or more people praying for you every week. They pray 24/7 and they have been praying for 13 years non stop.

Hugs to you, 🙂

and :blessyou:

Annie

40.png
AnnieD:
You have many friends on the forum, jrabs and we care **ALOT **about you. I will be keeping you in my prayers and hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

If you don’t feel better soon, please let us know. I will put a prayer card in for you at my Church at Perpetual Adoration and there will be 168 or more people praying for you every week. They pray 24/7 and they have been praying for 13 years non stop.

Hugs to you, 🙂

and :blessyou:

Annie
You are sweet. Hey, maybe a prayer card to find a nice practicing Catholic man. Now that would be a great treat!
Thanks. This will pass, you are right.

40.png
jrabs:
You are sweet. Hey, maybe a prayer card to find a nice practicing Catholic man. Now that would be a great treat!
Thanks. This will pass, you are right.
You got it, Jrabs!! 🙂 My hour is on Saturdays from 11 to noon and I will be putting a prayer card in then. There are other prayer cards there too, asking for a nice practicing Catholic to meet and get to know.

We will be storming heaven with prayers for you. Get Ready! 🙂

:blessyou:
Annie

40.png
Edwin1961:

ONE thing for sure: the CA Family will help you/us AND You are Never the only one going through the same thing AND YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.

Edwin
I know you have been through a lot. And my problems are tiny in the scheme of things. The CA forum does help on these days when we need an extra hug. Thanks Edwin. My prayers go out to you, as they do daily.

40.png
AnnieD:
You got it, Jrabs!! 🙂 My hour is on Saturdays from 11 to noon and I will be putting a prayer card in then. There are other prayer cards there too, asking for a nice practicing Catholic to meet and get to know.

We will be storming heaven with prayers for you. Get Ready! 🙂

:blessyou:
Annie
Maybe you could just change my name from Jrabs to Edwin and pray for him instead?

Thanks sooo much! You are great Annie.

40.png
Edwin1961:

Edwin
Dear Edwin

I will keep you in my prayers everyday.

You can be sure if you suffer much God has blessed you very much.

Teresa

Hang in there. I feel a little discouraged myself today. I am also looking for a job. While I know its a waiting game some times I become a little anxious and impatient. The word Trust comes to mind a lot. I usually go to adoration on Wed. mornings it is my favorite time to spend with the Lord. I just need to listen a little closer some times. Hopefully your day will be brighter tomorrow. Even St. Therese had her gloomy days. I will keep you in prayer.

I have your back with prayer, may God grant you grace and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back