Dispensation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Awake
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Awake

Guest
How does one get dispensation for eating meat on a Friday during Lent?

Friday might be the last time in my life I will get to see somebody who is very close to me. I want to have a special farewell meal. Neither of us likes seafood.

I’m told that eating meat is a mortal sin and I will risk eternal damnation. Is there any way I can get dispensation?
 
How does one get dispensation for eating meat on a Friday during Lent?

Friday might be the last time in my life I will get to see somebody who is very close to me. I want to have a special farewell meal. Neither of us likes seafood.

I’m told that eating meat is a mortal sin and I will risk eternal damnation. Is there any way I can get dispensation?
Your pastor is able to grant you a dispensation.
 
Friday might be the last time in my life I will get to see somebody who is very close to me. I want to have a special farewell meal. Neither of us likes seafood.
These are the times when abstinence is most difficult, and thus it does the most good. We submit our will to the will of God, and it makes us holier.

There is no law that you have to eat seafood. Have cheese fondue. Or vegetable lasagna (using your favorite vegetables instead of sausage). Or pizza topped with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, diced tomatoes, etc. Or macaroni and cheese. Or a spinach and mushroom quiche. Or a vegetable and cheese omelet. Or ratatouille (eggplant and vegetable stew). Or eggplant parmesan. Or a hearty meatless soup: minestrone, meatless chili, lentil soup, etc. Any of these (or use your imagination, you can think of others) with a beautiful salad on the side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top