Divine Intervention

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Some years ago, my mother experienced sudden numbness in one half of her body. She had the situation assessed by doctors who discovered a “calcification” in her brain. The calcification was located near her frontal lobe. It was evident on scans.

Mom was never an alarmist so she did not share this news with many…just my father and me. Neither of us shared her secret. My brothers, who lived out of state, were not even notified. You see, Mom wanted a prognosis before sharing her problem with others.

During the brief but difficult time while awaiting tests, Mom went about her usual church activities. She and Dad were at a potluck supper one evening after Mass. Before bread was broken, Father walked about the hall. I am unclear as to if he was saying the prayer or just talking with parishioners but I do know that he was somehow drawn to my mother. He spontaneously kissed her on her forehead, gently. No words were passed.

Mom went back to the doctor some days following this kiss. Interestingly, the calcification that had been evident on scans just days prior, was no longer visible. The numbness continues to this day but the fear of tumor was extinguished.

I have been thinking about it and I wonder if Father’s Kiss was Divine Intervention. I try to broach the subject with Mom and although it’s been over fifteen years… it’s hard for her to “go there”.

I am so blessed by having her in my life. Thank you, Jesus.

Regardless of the instrument God used to heal her, praise Him that she no longer apparently has to worry about a tumor! It sounds like you have the right frame of mind: you understand the blessing it is to have her this much longer in your life.

Everything is from God. Minor blessings to major miracles. What a beautiful story!

**<<<I am so blessed by having her in my life. Thank you, Jesus…

**Anonymous,
**I am so happy for you…What a blessing. I lost my own precious Mom four years ago…It is good to see a daughter appreicate having her Mom with her. **

CD4 said:
**I lost my own precious Mom four years ago…It is good to see a daughter appreicate having her Mom with her. **

It’s not just me. Yesterday we took our kids to a beautiful park. My daughter rode her bike, threw rocks into the river, played on the swings…I mean it was a great day. Later on, Mom popped in for a few minutes. While tucking my girl in, I asked her what the best part of her day was…She replied, “When Nanna came over.” If I lost Mom all those years ago, she never would have known my daughter…ther first of six grandchilren (so far).

How have you dealt with your loss? I imagine it to be one of the greatest losses imaginable. I get choked up just thinking about it.

Peace

Anonymous,

You are so right…Losing your Mom is a terrible thing. I never dreamed it would be as bad as it really is…

**How have I coped with it? Well, I have to think about that one…There are times when I don’t think I am coping well at all! **

Mom was a great grandmother, and I try really hard to be a good grandmother to my four grandsons…9,5,3 and nine months. My daughter, who is a Mom to the 5,3 and nine month old, says that I am turning into Mom. Guess she is right…I can see that in myself.

I also volunteer as a co-facilitator of a grief support group, and attend a Motherless Daugters support group. Just finished an eight week Motherless Daughters Study group, using Hope Edelman’s “Motherless Daughters”.

**Being a Motherless Daughter is hard. I miss Mom a lot, and there are what my friend and I call “grief bursts”…sudden, unexplained bursts of intense grief…They may last only seconds, but are quite intense. **

The hardest thing for me is that I am finally beginning to understand some important things about my Mother…Things I wish with all my heart I had undestood while she was still with me. You can’t go back…

I am writing this through tears…I simply want my Mommy…

Treasure your Mom…Treat her with kindness, and tell her that you love her.

The last thing my Mom said to me was that she loved me…It was the last thing I said to her that I knew she understood and heard.

CD4~Your post moved me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You sound like a very wise woman. I have learned from you. I will follow your advice. I wish you peace especially during those terrible moments of intense grief. From what I understand, it’s during those horrible moments when there is just one set of footprints in the sand. Do you know what I mean?

Have you ever heard the song In the Living Years? I think it’s by Mike and the Mechanics. The singer tells us how he wished he had told his father he loved him while the father was living. It must be comforting to at least know that you and your dear mother had a chance to express your love for each other.

40.png
Anonymous:
From what I understand, it’s during those horrible moments when there is just one set of footprints in the sand. Do you know what I mean?

**Yes, I do know what you mean, and I want to thank you for reminding me. **

. It must be comforting to at least know that you and your dear mother had a chance to express your love for each other.
**To tell you the honest truth, this is the only thing that gives me any kind of peace when I think of all the mistakes I made in my relationshiop with my Mom. **

It has taken me four years to understand and accept the fact that my longing for Mom will never end, that the saddness will always be there, no matter what I do.

That does not mean that I sit around being sad…It simply means that I now know that a true bereavement is something that you don’t just “get over”…as I once thought. Mom’s absence from my life…she was so central to it…

**will always be an underlying theme in my life. How could it be otherwise? **

I had a heart attack two and a half years ago. That, coupled with my Mom’s death has given me a new understanding and appreciation of life. I try to remember to treasure every day, and to make the most of every minute. I don’t always succeed in this goal, but at least I understand it’s neccessity.

Mothers and daughters share a unique relationship…one that is too complex to ever completely comprehend. I, for one, did not even begin to grasp the immensity of this relationship 'till Mom was gone, and it was too late. Maybe that is the way it is for most daughters, I don’t know…

**But, I do wish I could have just a little more time with Mom…So I could set some things right, and hold her once more. **

**Do you remember the movie “Steel Magnolias”? Well…There is a cemetery scene where a young Christian woman tries to reassure Sally Field that her daughter was in a much better place…That she was with God…Sally Field simply screamed…“I don’t care…I want her here with ME!” (probably not an exact quote). It has only been in the last few months that I have been able to say that I would not take Mom from God just so I could have her back. **

A song by Tim Greene…“I Would Die for You, but I Would not Take You Back”…explains it all.

Sorry to have gone on so long…I tend to not know when to shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back