Divine Mercy and Confession

• Thread starter Thread starter majahnke
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

majahnke

I was just reading a small pamphlet on the devotion to the Divine Mercy. It stated that Jesus said to Sister Faustina: “… Whoever will go to confession and Holy Communion on [Divine Mercy Sunday] will receive complete forgiveness of sin and punishment.”

It was my understanding first, that confession was ordinarily offered on Sundays - and second, that any time that one sincerely confesses his sins, he receives complete forgiveness of sin and punishment.

If anyone has any answers to these points, please help me out… or at least point me in the direction of where I might find some answers.

Thanks,
God bless you all.

I’m sorry that I don’t have an answere, but I hope that some body does. I have only heard of the devotion of Divine Mercy this past summer, when I read Faustina’s diary. What is the difference between the sacraement fo confession received on Dvine Mercy Sunday and general confession? To take optimal advantage of Dvine Mercy Sunday, should one confess all sins, even those that have been confessed before?

There is still the question of temporal punishment due to sin. Which is why we have purgatory. God forgives us, but we must make up for our sins.

e.g. I steal $500 from someone. I repent and am forgiven. But I still have to pay back the $500.
For a thorough explaination see the following link-
newadvent.org/cathen/12575a.htm

Majahnke,

I think you are asking about a little factoid about confession. It removes the eternal punishments due to sin (you won’t go to hell). It does not always remove the kind of punishments/consequences that you suffer in purgatory. Those kind are usually called temporal punishments (and not eternal).

Confession and a full indulgence is the ticket for the average Joe to bypassing purgatory and going straight to heaven. There is a full indulgence for Divine Mercy Sunday devotions. I presume the usual conditions for it apply, the same as for any full indulgence. Your booklet probably outlines the full set of requirements. Confession is ONE of the requirements of a full indulgence.

Check out the official www.
marian.org/divinemercy/
And remember that there are private revelations which we don’t have to believe. But if approved by the Church, we can be sure they are Ok. And we may believe them. These revelations have been approved, and indeed the Pope is extremely favourable to these revelations.
And there is public revelation which ended with the death of the last Apostle. This is scripture and tradition. You must believe this, if you are a Catholic.

I’m looking forward to doing it this year…complete remission of Punishment along with forgiveness? Complete remission of punishment? HECK YEAH! An AWESOME bullet to dodge…thats like the Credit collector forgiving ALL DEBT DUE without filing Bankruptcy! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back