Divine Mercy and Faith Alone

• Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FuzzyBunny116

How does the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

687 Say unceasingly the chaplet that I have thought you. Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy. I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy.

1541 My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you. It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of Me by saying the chaplet. When hardened sinners say it, I will fill their souls with peace, and the hour of their death will be a happy one.

1541 Write that when they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as a merciful Saviour.

1731 Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My Will.

Go with our notion of not by faith alone? It seems like it says pray, and have faith and you’re home free. Of course, this could involve my lack of knowledge about what grace is and what it does:).

i see your point, but who can pray, truly pray, and remain unchanged?

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
Go with our notion of not by faith alone? It seems like it says pray, and have faith and you’re home free. Of course, this could involve my lack of knowledge about what grace is and what it does:).
From the CCC…

2005 Since it belongs to the supernatural order, grace escapes our experience and cannot be known except by faith. We cannot therefore rely on our feelings or our works to conclude that we are justified and saved.56 However, according to the Lord’s words "Thus you will know them by their fruits"57 - reflection on God’s blessings in our life and in the lives of the saints offers us a guarantee that grace is at work in us and spurs us on to an ever greater faith and an attitude of trustful poverty.

A pleasing illustration of this attitude is found in the reply of St. Joan of Arc to a question posed as a trap by her ecclesiastical judges: "Asked if she knew that she was in God’s grace, she replied: ‘If I am not, may it please God to put me in it; if I am, may it please God to keep me there.’"58

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
Praying (including the Divine Mercy Chaplet) is a work.👍

40.png
Genesis315:
Praying (including the Divine Mercy Chaplet) is a work.👍
Dear friend

Exactly, one of the corporal works of mercy is to pray for another. I would say it is the highest work of mercy to pray for all people, especially our own personal enemies and those enemies of the Catholic Church.

It is only the Holy Spirit that is the convictor of hearts and souls.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back