Divine Mercy Chaplet - can I do this?

• Thread starter Thread starter asteroid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asteroid

When I pray the chaplet there are a couple of things I like to do. Neither of them are strictly in the instructions. I was just wondering if they were ok.

Firstly I tend to pray each decade for a different person/group of people/situation rather than praying the whole chaplet for someone. There’s generally a gap between the decades to say prayers for the person/situation before praying the decade for them.

Secondly I sometimes like to focus on a different aspect of the Passion with each prayer, something like:

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, for the crown of thorns he wore, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
For the sake of his sorrowful passion, for the beatings he received while blindfolder, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
And so on, running from the agony in the garden through to his death.

I’m sort of trying to do this largely because Faustina spent so much time contemplating the Passion and doing this helps me. But it isn’t strictly in the chaplet instructions so is it ok? Is it still the chaplet?

That’s fine - But maybe you could pray a normal chaplet and some other time do some meditating on some points of the passion.

**It is still a private devotion, so one would be allowed to do it. But if you wish to pray with others in the Devotion, rationally one would follow the universals in the chaplet.

Blessings!**

40.png
asteroid:
When I pray the chaplet there are a couple of things I like to do. Neither of them are strictly in the instructions. I was just wondering if they were ok.

Firstly I tend to pray each decade for a different person/group of people/situation rather than praying the whole chaplet for someone. There’s generally a gap between the decades to say prayers for the person/situation before praying the decade for them.

Secondly I sometimes like to focus on a different aspect of the Passion with each prayer, something like:

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, for the crown of thorns he wore, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
For the sake of his sorrowful passion, for the beatings he received while blindfolder, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
And so on, running from the agony in the garden through to his death.

I’m sort of trying to do this largely because Faustina spent so much time contemplating the Passion and doing this helps me. But it isn’t strictly in the chaplet instructions so is it ok? Is it still the chaplet?
I realise its a private devotion so not required but I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day in accordance with the booklet as its for all of us. If you pray it for someone else it normally would be when they are dying and usually it would be prayed in the presence of that person.

I also pray for others in the Divine Mercy. Especially for two children and their mother who are really struggling right now. In the devotion where we state “Have Mercy on us and on the whole world” I offer that persons name instead of the word"US". I see nothing wrong with this substitution.

I also say the Divine Mercy in it’s original Prayer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back