Divine Mercy Chaplet for deceased

  • Thread starter Thread starter regression
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

regression

Guest
From what I understand, the Divine Mercy Chaplet is usually said for the living and those close to death. Is it efficacious to pray it for those who have already died? For example, praying it for someone who may be in purgatory?
 
From what I understand, the Divine Mercy Chaplet is usually said for the living and those close to death. Is it efficacious to pray it for those who have already died? For example, praying it for someone who may be in purgatory?
Yes!

They.are.strongly in need of God’s mercy to reach Heaven
 
I can find nowhere in St Faustina’s Diary that these prayers are to be used for the dead. Can you please site a reference from the good saint which says we can use the chaplet for those who are deceased?
 
From what I understand, the Divine Mercy Chaplet is usually said for the living and those close to death. Is it efficacious to pray it for those who have already died? For example, praying it for someone who may be in purgatory?
Yes! Faustina herself did this.
 
I have prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet several times over the grave of an old friend who committed suicide, in hope that these acts of mercy were foreknown when he checked out. Worst case, I am sure they were not allowed to go to waste. I still keep this person in my prayers as well as others I have known who committed suicide, in hope that my continued prayers were all foreknown at their time of death.

St. Faustina herself said that it takes a whole lot of prayer to save someone from Hell.
 
Thank you all. I will continue to pray the chaplet for my dad who recently passed away.
 
I am sorry for the losses of friends and family, and do appreciate assigning plenary indulgences to the Holy Souls.

But the graces received on Divine Mercy Sunday are not transferable, nor are they for the dead.

The Chaplet is a different story
 
I am sorry for the losses of friends and family, and do appreciate assigning plenary indulgences to the Holy Souls.

But the graces received on Divine Mercy Sunday are not transferable, nor are they for the dead.

The Chaplet is a different story
I guess I should have been clearer, my question only had to do with saying the chaplet, not the graces received on Divine Mercy Sunday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top