A
Argh
Guest
Hey’all,
I’ve been trying to improve my prayer life, which is a bit misleading since I didn’t really have one prior to oh…a month or so ago. Anyways, I’m working on saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet every night.
My question has to do with how the chaplet affects souls in purgatory. I had a friend of mine die a rather horrible death after overdosing on heroine spiked with a chemical whose name I can’t remember at the moment. We sortof drifted apart after we started high school as he turned to the whole “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” lifestyle and I stayed, well, a nerd. I understand he was trying very hard to kick his addiction, relapsed once after being passed up on a promotion at his job, and, supposedly, got hooked again by his girlfriend. What was really sad it is that while he was overdosing, his girlfriend and “friends” ran around hysterically trying to hide the needles and drugs and stuff - rather than calling 911.
I always felt as if I could have done something to prevent it, could’ve “snitched” on him while in high school. I know that it probably wouldn’t have mattered, but I understand that the Divine Mercy Chaplet is a powerful tool in praying for the mercy of souls in purgatory. My favorite priest told me of several miraculous…well…umm miracles he’s personally familiar with about the Chaplet and souls in need of prayer.
So, I guess, my question is 1) Do I specifically ask God to have mercy on my friend’s soul? 2) I also like to ask for mercy for the souls of my grandparents. Is that “kosher” to add them in in one Chaplet or ? 3) I just read somewhere that, according to the Fatima appartion, many souls end up in hell because no one prays for them; is this true and, if so, can I pray something like “please have mercy on all souls, but especially my friend and my grandparents?”.
Thanks.
(hope this is the right place to put this thread)
I’ve been trying to improve my prayer life, which is a bit misleading since I didn’t really have one prior to oh…a month or so ago. Anyways, I’m working on saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet every night.
My question has to do with how the chaplet affects souls in purgatory. I had a friend of mine die a rather horrible death after overdosing on heroine spiked with a chemical whose name I can’t remember at the moment. We sortof drifted apart after we started high school as he turned to the whole “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” lifestyle and I stayed, well, a nerd. I understand he was trying very hard to kick his addiction, relapsed once after being passed up on a promotion at his job, and, supposedly, got hooked again by his girlfriend. What was really sad it is that while he was overdosing, his girlfriend and “friends” ran around hysterically trying to hide the needles and drugs and stuff - rather than calling 911.
I always felt as if I could have done something to prevent it, could’ve “snitched” on him while in high school. I know that it probably wouldn’t have mattered, but I understand that the Divine Mercy Chaplet is a powerful tool in praying for the mercy of souls in purgatory. My favorite priest told me of several miraculous…well…umm miracles he’s personally familiar with about the Chaplet and souls in need of prayer.
So, I guess, my question is 1) Do I specifically ask God to have mercy on my friend’s soul? 2) I also like to ask for mercy for the souls of my grandparents. Is that “kosher” to add them in in one Chaplet or ? 3) I just read somewhere that, according to the Fatima appartion, many souls end up in hell because no one prays for them; is this true and, if so, can I pray something like “please have mercy on all souls, but especially my friend and my grandparents?”.
Thanks.
(hope this is the right place to put this thread)