divine mercy chaplet

• Thread starter Thread starter mary_tim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mary_tim

could anyone tell me why the prayers of the divine mercy chaplet were changed.?what is the proper wording from the original polish

dear br dan , the wording was eternal father i offer thee the Body ,Blood soul and Divinity of Thy most beloved Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. and through the most sorrowful passion of Jesus have mercy on us and on the whole world. This was the wording said originally before and during suppression we had said the chaplet since i was a young girl. it could be also noted that this wording is more respectful and not dissimilar to the fatima words. I feel the new words take from the respact for our dear Lord . Mary tim

mary tim:
dear br dan , the wording was eternal father i offer thee the Body ,Blood soul and Divinity of Thy most beloved Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
Hi Mary Tim, as far as I know, this is the way the prayer is currently said. Is there some other form that you are referring to?
mary tim:
and through the most sorrowful passion of Jesus have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Ok, there is a difference here, as the current form is to say “For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world”.
mary tim:
This was the wording said originally before and during suppression we had said the chaplet since i was a young girl. it could be also noted that this wording is more respectful and not dissimilar to the fatima words. I feel the new words take from the respact for our dear Lord . Mary tim
Was the wording you posted a translation from Polish? Could the difference be a result of translation issues?

Personally, I don’t see how the “current form” of the prayer is any less respectful than the older version that you posted. Are you thinking of some other version of the prayer that is being said today?

i think most beloved rather than dearly beloved better reflects Gods infinite attributes and also the same for His “most sorrowful Passion” . my other question was what is the polish translation.and which is closer to the original words I have no gripe with anyone i was just wondering why the change as i do get a bit suspicious of all the lowering of God’s infinite majesty till he becomes just one of ourselves and no more.

Dear Mary tim,

I don’t know what the original Polish is or what a literal translation of it might look like. Are you adept at searching the internet? I’m sure you could find it somewhere. If you’re not sure how to do that, let me know and I can give it a try…

Since it is a “private devotion” there is no “official” translation. So, you can feel free to use whichever translation you want. When you are saying the chaplet with others, obviously, you’ll all have to say the same thing…

Hello,

I don’t have a response to the question…just yet another question regarding the Divine Mercy devotion. I went to confession last night and in the process of confessing a difficult topic I mentioned that I have developed a strong devotion to Divine Mercy. The priest proceeded to tell me that particular devotion isn’t the best!? Why? He said there are “theological issues with it”. He did not explain further. I was very disturbed…he seemed upset…and then when I proceeded with my confession I mentioned being encouraged by a priest on Catholic Radio in regards to confession, and this priest said he is no fan of Catholic Radio either. I guess that is for another post, I’ll check it out. But can anyone help me on this?

Gratefully, Nana Rose

dear nana rose, i don’t understand why the priest was worried about the chaplet .maybe because there was a period of time when it was suppressed but that was predicted by our Lady and is over. the holy father has even given us a remarkable bonus for saying it. if you look up the marians website you will see that the holy father pope john paul 2 has given anyone who says the chaplet in front of the blessed sacrament, exposed, his own personal apostolic blessing . in other words anytime you say it in front of the blessed sacrament you get pope john paul 2’s blessing as if you had made a whole mission. the chaplet as you know only takes a few minutes. Mary tim

dear br. dan thanks for your reply and offer i will try the internet and get back to you if its no good but what i still want to know is why the change. mary tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back