Divine Mercy!

• Thread starter Thread starter donadei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donadei

I enjoin everyone, Catholics and non-Catholics alike, to the devotion to the Divine Mercy. There is no time to waste. This is a fountain of graces. Come, and have your fill. It’s free! It’s God’s generosity at Its best, through His Only Begotten Son, Our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ!

The Divine Mercy was my first devotion when I converted to the Catholic Church and it is still my favorite and primary devotion. I say the Chaplet at 3pm every day. It’s very personal to me because this devotion was given to the Church personally by Jesus to be used in our day and age. It is a beautiful gift to us from Christ. I also love it because it is centered on the Eucharist. I highly recommend it.

Is there something in particular you are supposed to meditate on, like the mysteries of the rosary? Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, I am new to Catholicsm. :o

I usually meditate on (a) the mercy of God, (b) the love of Jesus and sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross for all of us, or (c) the pain my sins brought upon Jesus in his suffering.

Thanks for the info.

The first time I heard the Divine Mercy was on EWTN radio. It was with Fr. George Kosicki, C.S.B., and the Nuns of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery. I didn’t know what I was listening to at the time but within a minute of hearing it was just so beautiful that I unexpectedly started sobbing. Afterwards I felt such a sense of, I don’t know how to explain it, I guess a combination of relief and peace. (when this happened I was interested in the Catholic Church but not 100% “there” yet) Is it normal to be moved to tears over something like that? Has anyone else had experiences like this?

40.png
bonica:
Is it normal to be moved to tears over something like that? Has anyone else had experiences like this?
Often, the more I put myself into it, the more likely tears are.

Bonica,
Re: tears, ditto to what Stobie said. But then I, for some reason also well up at Mass at the Agnus Dei(lamb of God) and saying the rosary, especially the Sorrowful mysteries.
I love this Church.
God bless.
Whit

40.png
bonica:
Thanks for the info.

The first time I heard the Divine Mercy was on EWTN radio. It was with Fr. George Kosicki, C.S.B., and the Nuns of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery. I didn’t know what I was listening to at the time but within a minute of hearing it was just so beautiful that I unexpectedly started sobbing. Afterwards I felt such a sense of, I don’t know how to explain it, I guess a combination of relief and peace. (when this happened I was interested in the Catholic Church but not 100% “there” yet) Is it normal to be moved to tears over something like that? Has anyone else had experiences like this?
Hello, Bonica,

To answer your first question on the meditation, I try to relive the Passion of the LORD in my mind, how much HE suffered. (The Passion movie really was a great help on this regard)

Tears? The Consecration at Mass, the Confession of sins, the Passion, the beauty of nature which translates God’s love, the knowledge of God’s overwhelming LOVE for us, the Passion of the LORD…

Welcome home, Bonica.

40.png
vangrosh:
The Divine Mercy was my first devotion when I converted to the Catholic Church and it is still my favorite and primary devotion. I say the Chaplet at 3pm every day. It’s very personal to me because this devotion was given to the Church personally by Jesus to be used in our day and age. It is a beautiful gift to us from Christ. I also love it because it is centered on the Eucharist. I highly recommend it.
Hello, vangrosh,

Welcome home. I am always happy to see someone like you who has come to the fold.

I am sure you know the story behind this beautiful devotion. Isn’t HE an awesome GOD?

40.png
bonica:
Is there something in particular you are supposed to meditate on, like the mysteries of the rosary? Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, I am new to Catholicsm. :o
There is no specific thing that one is “supposed to meditate on”. The Chaplet is primarily for supplication (asking for God’s mercy), as compared to the rosary which primarily for meditation. But that does not mean that you cannot focus on any of the mysteries of the rosary. I usually focus on a specific intention, often for an end to abortion. It is truly a powerful form of prayer!

I have a great tape with the Divine Mercy Chaplet on one side and the Scriptural Rosary on the other. The Chaplet side has a meditation for each decade from St. Faustina’s diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul. They correspond to the 5 Sorrowful Mysteries.
Peace,
Linda

40.png
bonica:
Thanks for the info.

I find myself lost in sorrow and tears during the Sorrowful Mysteries. I have not yet prayed the Divine Mercy. But thanks, I definentely will.

I find myself in tears many times during Mass. Also when praying, when reading the gospel accounts of the Passion, also when I watched The Passion of the Christ…

The weird thing is this didn’t really happen to me very often when I was a Protestant but now it happens to me all the time!

40.png
bonica:
I find myself in tears many times during Mass. Also when praying, when reading the gospel accounts of the Passion, also when I watched The Passion of the Christ…

The weird thing is this didn’t really happen to me very often when I was a Protestant but now it happens to me all the time!
Hello Bonica,

I’d like to think that the Holy Spirit is working in you. Welcome His gentle proddings. Listen.

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back